MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm soory for my poor english but I'm french and I'm trying to learn your language. I'll buy a ZS 180 but when I read all problems you have had, I'm hesitating..
In France, it's not a known car but when I've seen it, I've been under the charm (I don't know if the sentence is correct..).
Can you advice me?
What do you think about ZS?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Welcome REDBULL

Firstly Welcome.

Your English is perfectly understandable, which is better than my French.

Don't be put off by the "problems" reported on the ZS180. What tends to happen is that those who have problems also shout the loudest.

If you want one, my suggestion would be to test drive one and judge for yourself. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you..

for your advice XPower Admin!
I've already driven the ZS 180 and it is the best car I've tested..
And I've driven a lot of cars : subaru impreza, integra type "R", audi S3 and I think the ZS 180 is the best thing between sport and family...It will be my first new car but I'm a little afraid of all problems I've heard.
Nevertheless, I think I'm going to buy this car. In France, the ZS 180 is garanteed 3 years or 100000km (I don't know the equivalence in miles).
Are there defaults on this car?
@+

·
Registered
514 Posts
A lot of problems have been caused by poor PDI (pre-delivery inspections) by dealers...in fact I don't think some dealers actually bother to do them. Strike up a relationship with a dealer who will value your custom even AFTER you have bought a car and any problems you encounter will be sorted faster and with less hassle.

I feel that people tend to post when they have problems with a car, there is no threads that start "I have had no problems" because there is not a lot of point in that kind of thread.

There have been some problems with the ZS, but most are easily fixed, and if you check the oil regularly and run in carefully there is not reason why the ZS cannot be a rewarding and enjoyable car....mine is. The ZS/Rover 45 is an established design so there should be a wealth of knowledge regarding fixes for common problems.

I think my ZS is a great car, but buy the car which is best for you, I endorse it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
French Bloke?

I wouldn't worry about the problems, I agree with the thread above. I had loads of problems with my first car, but to be honest with you it was all down to a bad PDI inspection.

As with all new cars, check them really well when you buy them and don't accept a poorly put together car, My mistake?.

I love driving my car, I think its good value for money and despite the rave reviews of cars in the same class, i.e. Seat, Skoda, Honda type R I feel MG is the best all round performance car for the money.

Good luck mate, I think your English is excellent, despite being Canadian myself, my French is terrible considering its still the first language over there.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Hi Redbull

I have news for you...

I'm afraid you will be the second zs180 owner in France (Well a least in Paris). I've had mine for 6 months now and every time I take it home (Paris) most drivers cant work out what it is.

I would strongly suggest that if you do live in Paris then park it in a very very safe place for 2 reasons, the first is quite easy, theft and the second is just as important, damage, you know how they drive in Paris and how they love to park. The paint is hard to find in France at the moment so they charge a lot more for it.

Those 2 points should not stop you from purchasing this car though, as it’s a great family car and eats the miles, if you have young kids then have the Diamond Bright or some other kind of protective process done to the interior, and exterior if you can stretch that far.

The best bit about the car is when it ain’t a family car and it’s just you and the open road.

This car does it all and very well it does it to.

Have fun

180 Boy.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Buy One.

Bonjour RedBull,

like many others I too was concerned about possible problems, but since buying mine in early april, I can honestly say its is a pleasure to own.

The guys are right about your dealer, make sure you get on well and ask about their quality policy, this may well get them thinking from day one,
and hopefully they will look after your new toy when it arrives. ;)

Enjoy your MG

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's OK..

I have an another question for you...My old car (Audi 80) has 280000KM. I don't know the brand "MG" but do you think MG is sure and reliable like Audi or not?
I saw the car salesman and he feels like serious. I have decided to buy a ZS 180 and I will receive my car in August.
:D
I'm very happy!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In france, you must wait 2-4 months to receive your ZS 180.
I think I'm lucky. The salesman car tell me I can receive it in July (15th-18th). It's a very good new!!
But nobody know if MG's cars are sure like german brand??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The time will soon pass!

Redbull

The ZS180 - looks like a *** in my opinion. But from all the reports I've read goes as well for a lost less money. Good choice! :D

Which colour did you order?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry..

What do you mean when you write The ZS180 - looks like a *** in my opinion.
I'm sorry, I'm a little french.. :D :D
Well, the Trophy blue is very beautiful and I think I'm going to take it. Is it a good choice?

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
I think Jerry means a B.M.W.... :)

Trophy blue??? Best colour choice IMHO... (although a tad too common over here!)

:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hi

If u need to see more u are more than welcome to come over and stay with use for a few days and visit our local dealer and see a few around. glad to have u on board

1 - 14 of 14 Posts