MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some one has told me to check ....the section on the door aperture the joining harness between door and a post...??? can some one enlighten me please lol ....

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
If you open the front door, and from the inside look at the front edge you'll see the wiring loom goes between the door and the A post.:)

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
iirc its actually a plug and socket so you should be able to look for a break in wires etc

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just unplugged it and pulled on a few cables and it looks like one of the cables have come out for the switch its a green colour....hope this is the problem can this be put back in the plug?

cheers for the help..

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Has the cable got the metal terminal still attached, or has the cable pulled out of the terminal.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Has the cable got the metal terminal still attached, or has the cable pulled out of the terminal.
no think the metal bit is still in the plug as it just come out bit of water in there so obviously thats weekend the cable..reckon it can be fixed?

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
yeah, it can be fixed, you'll need to remove the old terminal from the plug, and crimp a new one on to the end of the wire, if you know any sparks give em a shout:)

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, it can be fixed, you'll need to remove the old terminal from the plug, and crimp a new one on to the end of the wire, if you know any sparks give em a shout:)
couldnt recrimp it im a spark myself soo ended up putting a through crimp on the cable and wired it through the multi plug it goes up and down like a dream now! well chuffed as it didnt cost me any thing other than postage for the scu....thanks for the help

1 - 11 of 11 Posts