MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
18 years ago I was a bit of an MG nut. I was so incensed when BMW discarded MGR that I bought a R75 and chopped in a ML320 in 2000 for it. By 2005 I lost my enthusiasm, 13 years later I have bought back into the Longbridge dream.

I was lucky enough to buy a brand new R75 2.5 Con SE back in 2000. I then followed this up with a ZT190+ from Kernahans. Eventually buying in 2003 a new ZT260 SE in XPG.

Now 13 years later I have just bought a ZT with just over 13,000 miles on it and thus back into the fold.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The car has hardly moved, still can't believe the condition it is in.

Nevertheless, replaced a few bolts with Stainless and looking into fitting new struts and brakes.

Will add photos later.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Why have you got a ZTV8? I like it for its uniqueness but it's not much better than a 190 and for the same money there's modern cars that are much more exciting. Even I could be accused with looking at the past with nostalgia with my love of the 180 but cars today are light years ahead in terms of performance. Btw has you Bro given you any stick for getting one. 😁

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not completely lost it Kev. Daily driver is a 435D x-drive Coupe.

And on order assuming I get another job an Ariel Nomad.

V8 is nostalgia as quoted. Brothers drives a French bean can.

What you driving?

·
Registered
45 Posts
A VW Transporter kombi which has had some horrendous reliability issues like EGR,s gearbox, clutch and drive shafts problems, the squeeks and rattles coming from it would give anything built at Longbridge in the 1970s a run for the money.

·
Registered
45 Posts
There's only two cars I would ever like to get, the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio which is only a lottery win car and the Hyundai i30N which seems to me a bit of a modern day ZS.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.