MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

If you were an Olympic torch bearer would you sell the torch?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
It's a big fan
3,218 Posts
They are rather nice, having had a good look at one yesterday I would keep it!

Would be better though if the officials didn't grab it off you as soon as you have passed the flame on and then proceed to destroy the burner so that it can never be lit again!

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
As I'm paying for my daughters torch when she carries it I will be very disappointed if she even considers selling it!

·
Registered
59 Posts
i'd keep it... take someone elses and sell that one!!.....just kidding but i'd still keep it

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
There is a small collectors market out there with people paying on average £1500 for previous olympics

·
Registered
385 Posts
Absolutely !!!

Fecking waste of 9 odd billion anyway, sooner what para Olympics any day !!!

Step daughter has a rather wealthy friend whose mother has paid £2k per ticket for the 100m and ain't that close to the finish line cause all those are taken by sponsors and corporate shi£te!!
So much for it being for joe public

I for one will be well tuned off.

P.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
As I'm paying for my daughters torch when she carries it I will be very disappointed if she even considers selling it!
But surely if she could sell it and have money for a deposit for a house then thats better than having a torch that will end up in a box in a few years time?!

What made me laugh is that some of the ones on ebay going for massive money, the sellers dont even have them yet!

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
I'll beleive that one when I see the feed back.

Anyway -

My daughter is carry the torch next month in Manchester - I'm dead proud.

·
It's a big fan
3,218 Posts
Anyway -

My daughter is carry the torch next month in Manchester - I'm dead proud.
Tell her it's not a race and to take it slow if she can, the special experience will be over too quickly anyway so try and take a moment to enjoy it and show everyone the flame, even if the officials want you to get on with it which they will!

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Tell her it's not a race and to take it slow if she can, the special experience will be over too quickly anyway so try and take a moment to enjoy it and show everyone the flame, even if the officials want you to get on with it which they will!
Don't worry, she has CP so walks with difficulty, it's because of the way she has coped with this and her work with the disadvantaged youths where she lives that has got her nominated and selected.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts