MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Which one shall I drive today?
6,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone suggest any possible venues for a Saturday evening meet on the south side of Cambridge?

Whats needed is a decent sized pub, with a carpark that does bar food on a Saturday. Nothing too fancy, chain pubs like BrewersFair are ideal. Somewhere close to the M11 would make it easier to find for those of us who don't know the area too well.

Once we have a venue, a date can be put forward, to see who's interested. Early/mid October seems likely at the moment.

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
>>>> chain pubs like BrewersFair are ideal.
There are none in this area Tony.

There are a few pubs in the villages surrounding Duxford, one that did springs to mine was 'The Red Lion' Hotel, (Whittlesford) it has a bar and does food. There is a car parking also.

Kelv.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Oooh, a meet near us :D
I thought Kelvin was the one to recomend this, but there are a few 15 mins from the Stansted turn off, if thats not too far.
Wherever - family situation allowing, we'll be there :D

·
6,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Kelvin. Hope it's not too posh.

Bev, Whenever suits you and fits in wit Carls shifts will be fine with us

·
I need more Horses!
1,346 Posts
TonyPal said:
Can anyone suggest any possible venues for a Saturday evening meet on the south side of Cambridge?

Whats needed is a decent sized pub, with a carpark that does bar food on a Saturday. Nothing too fancy, chain pubs like BrewersFair are ideal. Somewhere close to the M11 would make it easier to find for those of us who don't know the area too well.

Once we have a venue, a date can be put forward, to see who's interested. Early/mid October seems likely at the moment.

Hmmm...Meet Time....Hmmm...Beer! :beerchug

·
6,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kelvins suggested venue is here...

About an hours drive for me. Does anyone have any preference to a particular saturday in October? I'll start a new thread based on any feed back.

·
I need more Horses!
1,346 Posts
Any is fine by me tony :biggrin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts