MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...that someone here had converted their Zed to a convertible! It looked fabulous! It's all I could think about after I woke up. Idle fancy? Maybe! but I still reckon a topless Zed would turn heads! Pretty sure there's places that would make the conversion...for a few £K or more.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
would look horrendous, how many 4 door convertables do you see?, think top gear espace
Well it looked fine in my dream! lol. But true that, 4 doors would crick the look a bit. Dunno, maybe someone here could Photoshop one for us. :)

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
would need a hell of a lot of metal work welded in to keep the thing straight, recon you'd need to lose the back doors to stop it going banana shaped.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Audi, M3, Peugout something or other. Focus, megane, Golf...
That all I can think of for now, the missus asked about 4 door convertable and I rule dout anyhting french or german. So she kept her fezza/mx5 combo.

2 doors, a lot of chassis welding and I would like to see a monster rollbar, but yeah it could work :)

edit: oh 4 DOOR, not 4 SEAT.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
What is it with you people and drop tops? Just look at the weather out there!!!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What is it with you people and drop tops? Just look at the weather out there!!!
I don't even like them in hot climates, tbh. It's not like the fresh air keeps you cool when the sun's burning a hole in your head. Would rather have a roof and AC. But they're fun on the odd occasion.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Audi, M3, Peugout something or other. Focus, megane, Golf...
That all I can think of for now, the missus asked about 4 door convertable and I rule dout anyhting french or german. So she kept her fezza/mx5 combo.

2 doors, a lot of chassis welding and I would like to see a monster rollbar, but yeah it could work :)

edit: oh 4 DOOR, not 4 SEAT.
was about to say lol, just pick a load of 2 door cars to quote lol

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Anyone ever see that Montego convertible?
Saw it about 2003 at the MG saloon day, not sure if it was the one in pic, so maybe there are a couple?
Must be unique I guess but hardly pretty.

Think I'll keep my Zed as it is, though a two door ZS would work.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
The montego at MGSD was a darker blue

It was horrible and you could smell the damp from several feet away.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
be better off buying a 2 door civic, modding the bumpers, bonnet and wings to fit, then strengthening the chassis, then cutting the roof off it lol

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Anyone good with a welder, angle grinder and sewing machine?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts