MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
www.irishhillclimb.com
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 10 years faffing about with Rovers, i finally got an MG, but since i dont do things by half, i bought 2! LOL
Got two ZR's this week, Red one had a wee tip at the front, not pictured, Going to fix it with some panels i have from a 25 and use it as my road car
and blue car will be used to reshell the stuff from my sisters rally car which she crashed in Aug
Happy out, Good weeks scavenging :)

Red one came with a full Janspeed system which will be going on my rally car, Bonus :) :)

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Welcome to MG Ownership Mike:)

·
www.irishhillclimb.com
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Logbooks arrived in the post today
turns out, both are former UK cars
I know its a long shot, but i wonder are the previous owners on here?
This world is so small that i would not be suprised...

BL(1?)02BOV & RCZ 5966

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Sounds like you are going to be busy.

Have to post up pics as you rebuild both cars.

Hope it all goes well.

·
www.irishhillclimb.com
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
red car will be on the road tomorrow evening if the rain stops :D
Blue car was also hit, still driving but needs a rear bumper and boot door, which i have, easy fix

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Sounds like the way to buy them, if you know what you are doing.

Cant believe what they are getting written off for over here.

·
www.irishhillclimb.com
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
insurance companies and claim culture are just feeding into the cycle of buying new instead of fixing what you have
Both cars will be fully fixed, properly, by the end of the week for a total cost of 200e
Front bumper, bonnet, headlights, and impact bar off a R25 for the red one
One light, a rear bumper from a R25 and boot door from a R200 see's the blue one fixed
all of this stuff i had lying about the place
a bit of hammer work is free
Paint is the only expense

it may be tempting to take the money and run
and a previous crash (however minor) may scare off any future buyers but (here's the preachy bit) if you are a real enthusiast you should fix what you have and keep the car on the road, they're getting scarse already and are only a few years out of production
In ten years they'll have dissappeared at this rate
take for example, when did you last see a 1993 Mondeo on the road? and they used to be on every corner

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Too true, now a days wouldnt bother me to buy a repaired cat C or D, MG as they are written off just for a cracked light or bumper.

Noticed how few MGB's Midgets you see driving about, I used to have a MGB GT, going to work would wave or flash a few. Now hardly see one from one week to another.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.