MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above really..
hello liking the forum, been looking around..

I was considering a zs about 3 weeks ago and bought a really nice 206 gti instead..

it was great untill an old duffer pulled out on a roundabout and took the front off it :(

anyways car hunt started up again..
My mate Ben who used to hae one kept telling me to get a zs and i will love it.

So i found 2 to look at as i wanted a 180 and had to of had cambelts done
one was near ben one near me. the first was near ben, it was green (not my fav) but was only 995, with full history and belts, but needed tax 2 new front tires and clutch felt spongy, but was a nice clean car
the one near me was a year newer and 10k less miles with immaculate paint, full MG history with belts, and you can tell it had been loved. all new tires and mot and tax, paid a 1500 and drove it away yesterday.

gotta say i love it, no rattle built really nicely , interior a bit dated for a 2003 car but its functional and i really like it.

will get a pic up later :)

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Hi Pete and :welcome:

Plenty of guys on here to help with advice if the 180 needs anything.

Small world, think you made the right choice!!!

:wave:

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Nice one - get some pre project drive door cards and some alcantaria seats to update it a bit and a mk2 dash is an easy swap.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guy... i prefer this shape and interior to the face lift ... odd isn't it..
I been looking over it this morning and had a nice drive out... under the bonnet found the slave cylinder on the clutch is brand new.. it was overfilled on oil a bit so drained some out,
only small thing i found when underneath in a tiny tiny tiny bit of coolant on the rear engine mount where it attaches to the chassis.. the engine is all nice a dry, could be where they put some coolant in yesterday before i went an looked at it.. may havea slight weep on a hose joint of bottom of expansion tank?.. could not se any other coolant anywhere so will just monitor but its not lost any..
well please with it
ipod stereo now to update the ipod
Pics :)

·
Watch out for Olli!!
373 Posts
Nice looking example.

You will love owning an MG, they really get under your skin :)

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
That's a monogram interior with all the colour coding - no need to change that.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The car looks great, really is a nice example of the hatch. Wish mine looked as clean as that one tbh.
Also Love the monogram interior, been looking for bits for mine for ages as wanted to change mine to that.

Rare as in a car let alone as spares lol.

Very nice buddy.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Looks a minter mate very nice . Enjoy it i,m sure you will the zs is a real hoot to drive ive had mine 5 years in february and i still get the same buzz from it as when i first got it

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Hi Pete and welcome to MG ownership:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts