MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On seeing that the 120 doesn't have the the front fog lights, my wife said "would you be able to have them fitted if you wanted?"

Would it be possible to do that retrofit if I needed/wanted to? And what exactly other upgrades/mods CAN I do with a 120+, both to jack up performance and improve the looks etc?

Bear with me, cos I'm a virgin at this stuff...

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
The front foglights can be retro fitted by your main dealer. If I remember correctly a price (which includes fitting) is quoted in the accessories catalogue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was considering having the fog lights fitted on my 120+ until I saw a product test in Auto Express about foglamps. these varied in price from a cheap £15 pair to a recommended top of the range pair from Hella for £50, how can MG justify the £170 price? Has anyone fitted other make foglights to their ZS?

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
The 170 quid (200 actually I thought) includes wiring them into the loom and putting an OE switch in the dash. You won't get that from a 15 quid set of fogs....

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
BTW, I think the ones Rover fit are (or used to be) the tops spec Hella lights. Can anyone confirm (I will be able to on Friday, when we pick up Nats new car!)

G

·
The ZT's fogs are top quality (Valeo). I'm sure the ZR/ZS will be of similar quality!

BTW. If you want rip-off prices the EVO VI fogs cost £535!

·
Registered
6 Posts
The magazine recommended Hella lamps (£50) included wiring, relay and switch, this is still a lot less than £170 or £200 from MGR.

G

·
Spike

Dealer fit or manufacturers accessory prices are always high. If you can do the wiring DIY your solution is fine and cheaper. Plus you have to get it right, don't want to cause further problems during the install (warranty on a new car).

NB. Remember dealers charge circa £50/60 per hour.

As mentioned Ralliart charged £535, when the lights, PIAA came in about £200. It's what the market will stand too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks, I didn't consider the effect on the warranty, you may be right but I still feel that the price is a bit of a rip off. It's purely a cosmetic thing for me in that I think that the front looks better with the lights than without, I'll sit on the fence for a bit longer until I get really fed up with it and then probably shell out for the MGR lights..

·
Registered
136 Posts
Engine

I'm going to fit my own fogs to my 120, in terms of upgading I had the leather seats and side skirts front bib etc added when I bought it so its a 180 replica(apart from the fogs). Engine wise what mods are available. Peco may well be doing me a custom exhaust but I want to spice up the engine a bit. I heard its the MGF engine? Is there a turbo/induction kit etc available?

·
Registered
132 Posts
In theory you could mod the engine up to 135 horse power as the engine in the 120 ZS is the same as the TF135 so with maybe an ECU upgrade and some bigger throttle bodies it would be possible.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts