MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always thought my mk2 zs 180 was really low but was told its on standard suspension and also i can't see any obvious lowering springs. but the car seams really low on the front and pretty low on the back to a point where my light weight 18" wheels scrub out and the standard wheels are well tucked up in the arches.
i have noticed moto-tech lowering springs are all black and look like there standard too. how do i tell if its lowered? also if it was lowered it wouldn't drive very well and it would clip everything on the road.

·
Ahhh. It's good to be back.....
1,454 Posts
Re: how low for standard detup?

If its that low then it will have been lowered. Mine was that low. The black Moto Build's can lower up to about 45mm on the back and 40mm on the front. If you can't get your hand in above the wheel would be a good sign that its lowered. I could before I did it and afterwards sometimes got scrubbing like you.

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
This is lowered on Moto Build springs

You can just say get your hand inbetween the wheel arch and tyre if you have small hands.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I have always thought my mk2 zs 180 was really low but was told its on standard suspension and also i can't see any obvious lowering springs. but the car seams really low on the front and pretty low on the back to a point where my light weight 18" wheels scrub out and the standard wheels are well tucked up in the arches.
i have noticed moto-tech lowering springs are all black and look like there standard too. how do i tell if its lowered? also if it was lowered it wouldn't drive very well and it would clip everything on the road.
Sounds like its on motobodge springs.
They are black like std ones so will look std.

·
19,410 Posts
There was 2 different sets of Moto build springs for sale

One set which didnt lower the car very much and the Koni ones which Guesty and i have/had on our 180s.

·
1,454 Posts
Paul - your car always look amazing. I am going to look at a black mk2 tonight. You never know - I might have one tomorrow!

·
POL Group/MG ZR Owners/MG ZS Owners Club
1,278 Posts
Have to say Paul that photo of your ZED is a Credit to you matey, it looks stunning..

·
19,410 Posts
Have to say Paul that photo of your ZED is a Credit to you matey, it looks stunning..
It didnt stay clean for that long as we are living next to a building site.:mad:

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
There was 2 different sets of Moto build springs for sale

One set which didnt lower the car very much and the Koni ones which Guesty and i have/had on our 180s.
Ahh, didnt know that? thought they only did one set of springs. Never seen 2 sets for sale...I had them about 4 years ago om my mk1 as well...?

Shame they dont sell the koni shockers as well!! I have been looking around for a set recently but can only find spring+damper kits.
I find the std shocks dont cope very well with the lowered springs!

·
won hay-tee
607 Posts
Did i read somewhere that the mk1 cars were a little lower than the mk2 versions ?

If so then maybe this is why they did two apparent different types of lowering springs?

·
1,454 Posts
Ahh, didnt know that? thought they only did one set of springs. Never seen 2 sets for sale...I had them about 4 years ago om my mk1 as well...?

Shame they dont sell the koni shockers as well!! I have been looking around for a set recently but can only find spring+damper kits.
I find the std shocks dont cope very well with the lowered springs!
Dave the extra low ones are the ones on your car.

·
1,454 Posts
Lucky you

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah i thought it handle pretty well but i think really it needs some beefier shocks if its got lowering spings on?

·
1,454 Posts
Not to my knowledge

1 - 17 of 17 Posts