MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
is that a civic spoiler? looks good, kinda like the sideskirts but at he same time i dont, not sure

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Not my scene tbh. Imagine going over speed bumps or coming off a forecourt with even the slightest drop to the road. The front would be off.

·
bigfella-network.co.uk
5,743 Posts
^ agree, although the spoiler does look very good.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
I'm considering a ZS body on a Range Rover chassis..................

·
Registered
282 Posts
Looks good if the cars designed to sit there and do nothing :)

Nice idea with side skirts for the side skirts :roll:

·
Front wheels steer, rear wheels drive.
12,325 Posts
Like the black side skirts and front bits , looks purposefull.
r.e the ride height, in my experience you need to keep the zs natural stance which means the rear slightly higher than the front, having the back so low will build in more understeer, and understeer sucks .... it kills your speed.
I would suggest talking to car 13 or rally matt about set up, with how low your car is now and without any camber adjusters you are running probably 2 degrees negative camber all round, and things like this can really have a large effect on handling. Some negative camber can be good, very good indeed but it needs setting up.
Start with a known base set up and experiment from there just changing one thing at a time then assess the results, the reason i say change one thing at a time is because if you alter a few things and the car changes behaviour you wont know whats caused it ......oh and keep notes as it gets complicated!!!

and all this is sooo dependant on tyres and pressures too ....im tellin you its a flippin science, lol.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks dave, this car is only half done, suspension hasnt been adjusted yet, just fitted. This was going to be my track car, hence everything is stripped out inside and engine work all done, then i bought sies old car and my engine from this car is now in that one, so this one is now going to go back to standard as its a bit of a shame to make a top end mk11 a track toy, after all is had all the extra mods except rear electric windows. just got to find a normal v6 to go in it now. Car 13's company is actually doing all my work and are helping me take this to the race track next season. highly rate vulcan racing to anyone theyve been great helping me get this far and im so so looking forward to getting the car back!

All the plastic hovercraft bits were just an experiment, my car was sitting high at the back before i stripped it out and after that there was about a 3-4 inch gap above between the arches and rear tyres!!!! so found some old mk1 skirts and attached them to the bottom! then added the front splitter which i actually found did help with reducing understeer. i had to strengthen my bumper tho as i nearly pulled it off. i know its not most peoples cup of tea judging my the comments! but i did it for track reasons not boy racer reasons. So dave you going to join the track at some point next year? i think vulcan have a tf which you can hire for a race (dont quote me on that tho!)

Like the black side skirts and front bits , looks purposefull.
r.e the ride height, in my experience you need to keep the zs natural stance which means the rear slightly higher than the front, having the back so low will build in more understeer, and understeer sucks .... it kills your speed.
I would suggest talking to car 13 or rally matt about set up, with how low your car is now and without any camber adjusters you are running probably 2 degrees negative camber all round, and things like this can really have a large effect on handling. Some negative camber can be good, very good indeed but it needs setting up.
Start with a known base set up and experiment from there just changing one thing at a time then assess the results, the reason i say change one thing at a time is because if you alter a few things and the car changes behaviour you wont know whats caused it ......oh and keep notes as it gets complicated!!!

and all this is sooo dependant on tyres and pressures too ....im tellin you its a flippin science, lol.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
is that a civic spoiler? looks good, kinda like the sideskirts but at he same time i dont, not sure
its a spoiler of a integra which i think gets used on a few hondas. really makes a difference to a mk11 hatch, not sure how it'd look on a mk1 though

1 - 18 of 18 Posts