MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
It's a big fan
3,218 Posts
anyone know what ones fit?
i saw a post the other week but cant find it again, said the one they got didnt fit.

cheers
Drew
The Honda ones have a different size of ball to the Rover ones - you need to get one that includes the socket so that the size of ball doesn't matter.

·
Registered
385 Posts
anyone know what ones fit?
i saw a post the other week but cant find it again, said the one they got didnt fit.

cheers
Drew
Hi Drew,
Think it was me, I bought one for a civic from the age / model that would appear to be the closest to the gear that fits the zs180. They come with a 35mm ball that needs turning down to 32mm so if you got access to lathe with a sperical cutter then ur sorted.

Cheers
Paul

·
It's a big fan
3,218 Posts
Maybe easier to get a standard Honda socket to put the quickshift lever in, I think the mountings are the same.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hi Drew,
Think it was me, I bought one for a civic from the age / model that would appear to be the closest to the gear that fits the zs180. They come with a 35mm ball that needs turning down to 32mm so if you got access to lathe with a sperical cutter then ur sorted.

Cheers
Paul
surely easier to mod your own lever, just insert about 1cm into the rod *below* the ball, pin it and weld it. We used to do this on the Maestro & Montego Turbos, identical design. I think I still have a modded Monty one in stock...

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
surely easier to mod your own lever, just insert about 1cm into the rod *below* the ball, pin it and weld it. We used to do this on the Maestro & Montego Turbos, identical design. I think I still have a modded Monty one in stock...
I did a few but have feeling it was more than 1cm - more like 3cm iirc. Felt really nice though!

·
Registered
559 Posts
sorry for noob question :eyes: . what for is quickshift good? (to improve - shorten gear change? or smoothnes of gear lever traveling? )

1 - 11 of 11 Posts