MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im a diabetic and therfore have to renew my driving licence every 3 years which is due for renewal very soon, as id not yet recived the forms from dvla iv just rang them to enquire only to be told mr riley you dont have a licence :cry: .i had some points put on it in early 2008 but on their system no-one has logged that they've recived and sent back my licence so they revoked it 2 1/2 years ago without telling me. now i have to explain to my boss that i cant drive for another 3 weeks while they get it sorted. i dredd to think what could have happened if id have been pulled or had an accident.
dvla complete wa^£ers or what :agh::agh:

·
No longer a Rover / MG owner.
1,152 Posts
Yep the dvla are a bunch of ****ers. They seem to expect the car driver to contact them about everything and chase up anything they have lost!:irked:

Feel sorry for you mate - good job you not been stopped by the police or it could have been a lot worse.

·
The Pope
3,408 Posts
Its totally wrong the way that you are resposible for every mistake (and boy they make plenty!) DVLA make, even if you have no possiable way of knowing that the mistake has been made! I changed my Rover 800 I used to have from normal tax to diabled tax at DVLAs Shrewsbury office when it needed a new tax disk, and everything went smoothly, I got my new tax disk and the documents were sent off to DVLA, and I got my new documents a couple of weeks later. Then 6 months after I get a tug by lilly law because my car didn't show up as existing! Somehow DVLA had wiped it off their system and I spent 1/2 a day with lilly law sorting it out. Fortunately that was before the days of them impouding cars as I'd probably have to have paid to get it out. Utter nightmare it was and I didn't even get an apology from DVLA.

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Wasnt there something on Watchdog about this a few years ago?

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts

·
No longer a Rover / MG owner.
1,152 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts