MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i bought a hid kit before doing research on it about mots for the zs...

brand new still in box i think i paid around £50 wouldnt mind parting for £40

collection in halesowen cheers.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I fit a set to my Z a few weeks ago and I did take it to where I get my mots done for him to have a look and see if would be any issues. Didn't mention I had fit HID's just asked if he could check the beam angle & pattern.
He said all was fine & would go straight through.
When I was fitting them I tried to make sure of noting where the original bulbs beam was on my garage against the hid beam once fitted and they were certainly no higher or scattering higher than the halogens.

Also imo they don't really look like HID's you see on current models as the diffused lenses on the zed do dull them down slightly.
Either way though, such an improvement with visibility and as of yet still not been flashed by anyone for any dazzle.
Only saying this as in my very current experience it doesn't seem to cause any issues.
Great improvement.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I fit a set to my Z a few weeks ago and I did take it to where I get my mots done for him to have a look and see if would be any issues. Didn't mention I had fit HID's just asked if he could check the beam angle & pattern.
He said all was fine & would go straight through.
When I was fitting them I tried to make sure of noting where the original bulbs beam was on my garage against the hid beam once fitted and they were certainly no higher or scattering higher than the halogens.

Also imo they don't really look like HID's you see on current models as the diffused lenses on the zed do dull them down slightly.
Either way though, such an improvement with visibility and as of yet still not been flashed by anyone for any dazzle.
Only saying this as in my very current experience it doesn't seem to cause any issues.
Great improvement.
would love to have them fitted ...its the new mot rules if youve already had mot they would be fine i geuss but on the new regulations there meant to have self levelling been tested and all sorts etcc... i had a massive read on the rules too much to go over..plus its only another reason for the old bill to pull me over ...how powerful are yours?

·
Registered
68 Posts
That's what I meant, haven't had mot as not due till August but took it to the station for him to just check beam level and pattern and the tester said all was fine and caused no problems or issues. I know not really the way to do it but he said all was fine and nothing needed if was having mot.

I no all the regs and rules that are out now regarding them as I unfortunately work in the trade so did think about it thoroughly first.
I have had the car driven behind me & oncoming so that I could see exactly how they are to other motorists and they in my mind are no worse than standard 90+ bulbs you may fit. Like I say I think the diffused lamp has a lot to do with this.
Mine are a 35watt 6000k bulb (although wish had got 8000k after using these) although at least with the 6k's it does look from the outside like your just running very good bright bulbs.
More blue and would be a giveaway I think. They do give so much better light though it's untrue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.