MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Twas Me

Max/Kev I closed it while I thought about the future of the site/forum. I have since thought I would wait before doing something regrettable and irretrievable. So It stays on line until I know which I CAN go!

PS Shutdown overnight only!

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
If outside forces led directly or indirectly to the downfull of the website and forum it would be tantamount to historical vandalism.
As a historical document the website chronicles the rise of pheonix,its products and the people who buy the cars (us) and as such is priceless.
The British library is very concerned about the loss of this sort of information as its part of our history and culture.
I plead with you jerry to keep going and not give in to the bully boys.
The internet is for the benifit of ALL of us and not just big business.

kev neal

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
I was most alarmed when forum went of air... I sent my views on MGR bully tactics to senior management @ MG

MGR and othe car makers treasure trademarks. But it you want your web address to reflect content then you use key words ie. xpower and mg.

If MGR dont want the enthusiasts using almost corporate type URLs then they should come up with some sort of solution, its not immpossible?

Kelvin.

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
I wondered why my screen said 'Site Closed' when I tried to log on early this morning. Been busy at school for a couple of days and was unaware of developments - very pleased to see things back as they should be.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
When I logged on for my early morning MGR injection, I too was a tad concerned that the ballon had gone up. What exactly is going on? FWIW I was under the impression that there was a general consensus of approval over the site...Have you had the heavy hand over the URL's then. :confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts