MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I have been reading these forums for a while now but have never posted, so thought I would break the ice so to speak and say hello. I'm also a member of mg-rover.org

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
Hi and welcome to XPF:)

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Welcome to XPF:MG:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the warm welcome guys:thumbup: It's good to know there are plenty of friendly and like minded people out there.

Here's a couple of pics of my recently acquired ZS180

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks in tidy nick, bet'cha well pleased with it. You got any plans for it yet? maybe a nice decat?
Yeah definitely pleased with it. It came with decat already along with back box, not sure about centre section. It also came with an open cone which looks too small to me. This will be replaced with a nice big inner wing jobbie soon :biggrin:

There have however been a few niggles since the couple of months ownership ie:
Shot clutch hydraulics - Since up-rated to sheddist kit (awesome by the way)
Sticking rear caliper - Sorted
ABS rings need replacing (clatters when cornering and abs kicks in when shouldn't
Key fob needs soldering as works intermittently
Alloys need refurbing

Love the car though, quite a difference performance wise compared to my late ZR 105 god rest her soul:eyes:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's a pic of the offending air filter. Not happy with that setup. I'm also going to invest in a nice catch tank to prolong the life of my vis system aswell as making the engine bay look nice.

Attachments

·
19,410 Posts
Looks a bit shabby and its not doing the car any good positioned there:MG:

·
19,410 Posts
Should be able to sort it out with the funds from selling your BMC CDA and still have some pennies left over.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Well hello. I had a n/s/r sticking caliper on Tuesday. Boy did it get warm. It even bubbled the caliper paint and hub paint. It's free now though after about a mile. I think I made mistake of washing her last sunday and putting her away wet and then not getting her out for nine days. Must have put handbrake on by mistake too. How did you sort your caliper out ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well hello. I had a n/s/r sticking caliper on Tuesday. Boy did it get warm. It even bubbled the caliper paint and hub paint. It's free now though after about a mile. I think I made mistake of washing her last sunday and putting her away wet and then not getting her out for nine days. Must have put handbrake on by mistake too. How did you sort your caliper out ?
I also washed may car and left it a day. Yeah mine got really hot, it was smoking by the time I got to work!! :frust

My mate who works at a garage took it off my hands, turns out its the handbrake seizing on one side. He greased it all up and was fine.......for a day, and then was back doing the same thing. :bh

I ended up getting a new caliper from www.roverbreakers.com for £60, it even came with new pads.
Hope yours is fine, if not try them as the're very reasonable.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts