MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to the forum but thought i'd post this thread and introduce my motor, a much played with MG ZT 1.8T. Acquired the vehicle earlier in the year and told it had been at some Members shows etc. Not really my scene but by all means tell me what ya think of her, i just couldn't resist when i saw it!!!

Oh and the plate has nothing to do with me, it came with it!!!!!!!!!!

MGZT.7.jpg

MG ZT.1.jpg

MGZT.2.jpg

MGZT.3.jpg

MGZT.4.jpg

MGZT.5.jpg

MGZT.6.jpg

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
Hi. Nice motor.cool2

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Hi and welcome to XPF

Nice looking ZT and the number plate does ring a bell:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the welcome.

out of interest does anyone know anything about the front bumper on my car (see pics further up thread if u haven't seen them). i was told that it actually belongs to a rover 75 v8 but has been modded. It obviously looks like an audi and i'm informed (not sure how reliably) that rover introduced it towards the end of their existence and were about to be sued by AUDI at the time they went bust? anyone know more of any different.

cheers
hoppy1671

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Hi bud, very nice looking ZT you have there. I dont know about the AUDI story but i recognised the bumper instantly. It was designed for the 75 Coupe concept car which i believed never actually made it onto a production car.

I believe what you have there is a very unique vehicle. Maybe try a post over on ORG. i think steve childs might be know a bit about it.

http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=318005

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tried posting over on .org but can't seem to get my photo's on there, doh!!! I have to say i've never seen the front bumper i have on another rover/MG but i'm hardly well travelled. anyone with knowledge of these??

·
Passionate about MGR.Cars.
4,082 Posts
A very nice looking car you have there.

It is a Rover 75 Premium grill which was fitted as standard on the V8 & optional on other Mk2 75's. It looks to have an MG-F front grill badge fitted to it.

It aslo has the rear bumper extensions but no side sill extensions for some reason & the sill finisher should be colour coded on a ZT unless the chrome was opted for!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts