MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
MGZT 400 SE
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bought the beast Rover 820i sterling auto with a low mileage of 204,000 miles. The body looks like its been to the moon and back several times. The interior is stunning for the year and mileage as per photos. No tax but mot till June 29th 2012 its only done 3500miles since last mot.

ARE YOU ALL READY FOR THE SPEC:-

Full cream leather with piping
Electric memory heated seats
Electric heated mirrors
Steering wheel radio control
Climate control
Factory electric sunroof
Radio cassette with cd changer

Everything works :D

Full carpet and mat set in red
Alloy wheels
Unused spare wheel with a Goodyear tyre.

Photos:-

So now i just need to make sure it is mechanically sound.
But i managed to got them down from £290 to £200 cash (i did ask them if they did finance but i was declined) HaHa

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Should have said you would put their garage logo on the car, might have got it for a £100.

Bargain of the year, best of luck when you do the Croatia run.

:wave:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Style and comfort mate, I like it!

I shouldn't, but I'd quite like a turbo 'fast back' 800. :sofa:

There's a 820i in this month's Car Mechanic's magazine, it's done 252k. Capable cars!

·
MGZT 400 SE
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Style and comfort mate, I like it!

I shouldn't, but I'd quite like a turbo 'fast back' 800. :sofa:

There's a 820i in this month's Car Mechanic's magazine, it's done 252k. Capable cars!
We will see matey it has to do 3500miles in a week up and down mountain passes. It should be a laugh if we make it back. It was very nice to meet you last week i will be coming to every meeting from now on.
Steve

·
MGZT 400 SE
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
The old 820 is going to try get a full ticket on her an Wednesday i will have to keep everything crossed . The old lass would not start today battery drain with all them electrics may be a real problem to find.

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Think I would check the alternator is pushing out the right charge, get a new derv battery, or the biggest amp/hr one thats fits. If its still iffy, get one of those trickle chargers that work off sunlight.

But from your line up, you will know the best way to sort. AA jump start in Croatia may take longer than the 30 mins or whatever they say nowadays.

Remember someone did a European Cannonball type run, took out one of the motoring services get you home scheme. His halfshaft went somewhere on the run, car was picked up and taken to the garage of his choice. Said he saved more on the fuel than the cost of the service. Took 3 weeks or so to get it back, as they have a big transporter that waits for a full load before getting back to the UK.

:wave:

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
My missus would love going up there. Not! Don't forget your camera. Can't wait to see pics.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Looking good. You did check that it wasn't nicked first?

See lots of eastern european vans / 4x4s in London with car trailers on the back.

Patrick

·
MGZT 400 SE
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looking good. You did check that it wasn't nicked first?

See lots of eastern european vans / 4x4s in London with car trailers on the back.

Patrick
I checked that it started and stopped but that was it. I have taken it for a pre-M.O.T today. I will keep my fingers crossed and everything else me thinks.

·
MGZT 400 SE
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
820 r.i.p

I am sorry to say my garage has done the pre M.O.T and the news is really bad it turns out it needs more work than my waist line so i am going to strip it for parts. So i have been looking for something else. I am really sorry to say i have bought a Volvo 960 with 86000miles so we will see what thats like.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts