MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Zed damaged. Dozy blinking women drivers!!!!!

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hope its not too bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Offside wing stoved in and a couple of good cracks in the front bumper offside. Something catching the new tyre too.:(

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hope you are ok and you can get it sorted
We're fine. I had been parked up with the engine off for a good 10 minutes when she hit us. Mirrors are there for a reason.:irked:

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
That's a pain be shouldn't be too hard to sort out, I think mk2 180 front wings are still available new from rimmers.

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So's the neck, for turning your head when you're reversing. But people get distracted sometimes, so what can you do. Heart-breaking when it happens though. Sorry it had to be your car.
Distracted by the thought of getting her takeaway home hot.:rolleyes:

Let's hope Sky Insurance look after our zed. I pay enough.;)

·
Audi S4 500HP
6,659 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Andy.:)

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Sorry, they are showing the left 180 wing as in stock and a bargin at £55 but not the right.

Pola is breaking a mk2 - http://forums.xpowerforums.com/showthread.php?t=59818 due to mechanical failure.

As you were there I guess you got her details. Is she willing to settle for cash rather than going through insurance.

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As you were there I guess you got her details. Is she willing to settle for cash rather than going through insurance.
No mention of an offer to pay for the damage so I guess it's going through insurance.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Might be worth getting a couple of quotes done at the first oppertunity and give them a buzz. Once you factor their excess and loss of NCB in it may work out cheaper for them.

You can then go to the chosen repairer with cash, they'll normally do it cheaper if it doesn't go through insurance.

Or if you are really lucky and can find decent secondhand parts in the right colour and do a DIY repair which will work out even cheaper, the bumper and wing are only bolted on. This is how I did a £750 repair on my wing last year for £25 and 2 hours (plus 2 hours collecting the wing).

·
Now in a 3
4,092 Posts
Don't think that because you were not moving or had the engine off it will be straight forward.

We had our i10 rammed by a sandwich van at work. It was parked up outside my office, I was in the office.Old woman driver reversed into it.

Now waiting for court date as they are denying responsibility.:frust

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've got an independent witness who saw us parked up. Hopefully it'll help.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
We had our i10 rammed by a sandwich van at work. It was parked up outside my office, I was in the office.Old woman driver reversed into it.

Now waiting for court date as they are denying responsibility.:frust

Good luck.
Where is Darwinism when you want it? Some people...
Best of luck to both of you.

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Somebody coming to the house to look at the car tomorrow. When did they start doing that?:confused:

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
All visible mods declared, any goodies that are removable I'd take off.

Just in case they write the car off, I have heard that once its removed to a garage or compound its difficult to remove anything.

You are normally allowed to buy the car back, but just in case they wont let you, or want a silly amount.

The guy coming out will be the Insurance Assessor, price up the damage to see if they get it repaired or write it off.

Damage you have, from what I have seen on here, they will write it off. Cracked bumper and grill means a write off.

Hope not for your sake.

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Some engineer bloke came this morning. Seems to think the zed shouldn't be written off as the damage is fairly minor. Fingers crossed.:)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts