MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Changed my throttle body over today as got a new (2nd hand) one. All went well until I started the car. Revs are going mental now. When I put the Idle Control Valve back on I had the vacuum pipe connected and the power lead and turned the ignition on to reset the plunger but it hasn't made any difference. Am I doing something wrong here?? Also when I take my foot off the gas doing 50 my speed isn't dropping very fast at all! Almost like bloody cruise control.
Have I forgotten to do something??

There are no fault codes present either. New TPS as the last one came up as a fault code. I have got to drive to work later and I am a very concerned.

Please help me people :(

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I noticed on the drive in tonight that the accelerator pedal has about an inch or so play in it until anything happens. Wasn't like this before. Also the spring on the TB attached to the accelerator cable doesn't seem to have a lot of resistance/springyness, I don't know if these two things are related? Cable is defo in right, can only go in one way as there is a cut out where it needs to go.

I will try and reset the plunger again as the revs were hunting on idle, although I have no way of knowing if the plunger is moving to reset as I can't see it. Nobody here who can help!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hooray!!!! Sorted it. You'll never guess what it was. It was the spring. The end of it had slipped off the arm of the cradle which moves up, thus not giving enough resistance to close the butterfly fully....... Thanks for the help bud but it turns out I aint quite that stupid just yet :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts