MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
Right I have fitted the above kit with the help of Nigel's instructions.
I was bleeding for about an hour and a half last night and not getting any closer to getting the bite point to the top of the pedal.
After searching on here last night i discovered that I need to move the pedal stop out of the way, cool I thought.
Now assuming the pedal stop is the big plate with an 'A' sticker on it, I have looked this morning and can not see how it can be moved without removing the whole pedal structure.
I am slightly baffled and really wanting to get on and finish this, any help and advice would be very welcome at this point,
Cheers

·
MG ZS 180 MGB GT V8
159 Posts
It may not necessarily be a bleeding issue, have you tried adjusting the screw rod that connects the pedal to the master cylinder ? I didn't have to remove the pedal stop when I fitted the kit on my car - it was all installed first, bled up nicely then I adjusted the rod to get bite point where I wanted it to be. It can take a few attempts to get the pedal height where you want it using the screw rod adjustment, so be prepared for an uncomfortable time under the dash !!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep gonna give that a try, and you're not wrong about getting into the footwell, my shoulder is killing me from that very thing yesterday!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well I think I have finally done it, fitted the pedal stop and adjusted the clevis pin and master shaft thingy, clutch pedal is a lot lower now and no free play (yipee) took her for a short run and clutch feels really good, shorter, sharper and smoother gear changing.
so fingers crossed all is well. one of my Vis motors even decided to kick in and they haven't worked for a while, got 2 new ones on their way.
Now just to put my dash back together and give her a clean.
Thankyou sheddist you're a legend.
And thanks to all who gave advice

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I think a bit of play in the top of pedal travel is normal? I didn't have any in a previous setup attempt and the slave was under load - leaked and had to be replaced. You can push the slave rod in right?

I'm local (Ish, need to check where tidworth is), and have a sheddist kit if you need to compare anything.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think a bit of play in the top of pedal travel is normal? I didn't have any in a previous setup attempt and the slave was under load - leaked and had to be replaced. You can push the slave rod in right?

I'm local (Ish, need to check where tidworth is), and have a sheddist kit if you need to compare anything.
Got me worrying a bit now, checked the slave rod and it can be moved in slightly if levered with a spanner, quite tight spring tension though, I did have a bit of slack on the pedal travel but i just turned the master rod until it was gone.
Tidworth is between andover and salisbury on the A338, be good to meet a forum member if you are ever local

·
A boffin and proud of it
1,893 Posts
That will be OK, provided it moves in all is well. if the clevis is wrongly adjusted, the slave push rod will be solid.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That will be OK, provided it moves in all is well. if the clevis is wrongly adjusted, the slave push rod will be solid.
And from the man himself, thankyou Sheddist you're a star!

·
wacky racer
59 Posts
Tidworth is between andover and salisbury on the A338, be good to meet a forum member if you are ever local
There's a little pub on the A338 round that way with a bridge over a little stream to get in, isn't there?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There's a little pub on the A338 round that way with a bridge over a little stream to get in, isn't there?
you could be talking about the crown in Cholderton, thats only 5 mins away, never been in there but looks like a nice pub

1 - 10 of 10 Posts