MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am close to buying a TF135. It is a March 04 model and the seller states the 04 model has the revised head gasket..is this right? Also it has a slightly weird looking glass rear window - is this a factory fitted option? Any help much appreciated. alex

Attachments

·
It's a big fan
3,218 Posts
:welcome:

There have been various head gaskets but if it is still on it's original then it is only slightly revised and not completely redesigned as the latest are.

However cars made in 2004 (assuming it was made in 2004) tend to be a lot less likely to suffer head gasket failure than previous ones. If you like the car then worries about HGF shouldn't put you off. There is a chance of HGF with almost any make of car.

Factory fitted glass rear windows were only introduced in 2005 but any glass rear window is worth having, especially if it is heated and it probably indicates that the car was at one time owned by someone who cared for it and spent some money looking after it.

Edit: Having looked at your picture, I do wonder if you can see out the rear through the rear view mirror :confused: If not I wonder if it is legal! Someone will probably recognise it...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. The car has only done 19k miles and has 4 main dealer stamps in the book so it seems to be a good buy. Full leather interior too. - But that rear window is putting me off, it looks too low and just plain ugly. It doesn't look like the 2005 window, and I haven't seen 1 other car with one like this - so I am wondering what its origins are??:daft:

cheers, alex

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
doesn't look like an original hood to me

·
It's a big fan
3,218 Posts
Thanks for your reply. The car has only done 19k miles and has 4 main dealer stamps in the book so it seems to be a good buy. Full leather interior too. - But that rear window is putting me off, it looks too low and just plain ugly. It doesn't look like the 2005 window, and I haven't seen 1 other car with one like this - so I am wondering what its origins are??:daft:

cheers, alex
You can always replace it with a normal, or a proper heated 2005 one, not cheap but it sounds like it is a good car so at the right price...

And you are buying the car for top down motoring anyway ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts