MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Ahhh. It's good to be back.....
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an mg zs for brother in law. The earth bolt was extremely rusty and needed replacing due to issues. Changing it and the head snapped off. Now the alarm won't stop no matter what i do... Please help!!!

·
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is there anyway to turn the alarm off with a fuse or something? Even with the battery totally disconnected it keeps going

·
A boffin and proud of it
1,893 Posts
The alarm keeps going because of the battery in the sounder. Get a jump lead and connect it to the battery negative terminal and a metallic point on the body. One of the earth points behind the headlamps would be a good place.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Re: Help quick please

itll think youve disconnected the battery and your trying to steal it probably, try find another place you can bolt it to for now, failing that disconnect the alarm and wrap it in a tea towel till you can sort it, it has a backup battery it it that will run down eventually

·
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Nigel,

I think its the immobiliser alarm. Its a mark 1 so i thought it was a different sound anyway but thinking about it thats why.

Even with the earth connecting (sitting where it used to) and everything looking standard it was doing it. Read in the manual that it does it for about 10 mins then you need the key combo on the door? Did it continue because we kept trying to start the car? The only lights on the dash were the oil and battery?

I'm so confused and tired? damned bolt.....

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Hi Ritchy, think there were two posts the same, I read your reply so its floating around somewhere.

:wave:

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Guesty made 2 posts of the same topic

·
19,410 Posts
Threads Merged into one:)

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
nice one:dDjust getting used to all the administration tools on themgzs technical stuff haha, not deleted anything i shouldnt have done yet though!

·
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone. Sorry for the two threads but it was 10 at night and an emergency!!!

Found out to reset immobiliser you just need to put the key in the door and turn it to the right for 5 secs

·
19,410 Posts
Thanks everyone. Sorry for the two threads but it was 10 at night and an emergency!!!

Found out to reset immobiliser you just need to put the key in the door and turn it to the right for 5 secs
lad you got it sorted:)

·
19,410 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts