MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to get insurance sorted for my forthcoming silver ZS120 5 door.
BUT, as this will be used for my business purposes, and therefore needs to encompass coverage for materials/tools and the like carried, I am coming across some pretty horrific quotes-and I mean horrific- especially with a projected 45000 annual milage. It ain't confined to MG's as other collegues opting for lesser machinery are finding out. It seems that these insurance companies are cashing in on the wave of people "opting out" of company car schemes.
Anyone here in a similar position, or know of anyone who has already aranged cover with a reputable firm?? TA!!:angst

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Dave,

I use direct line for my 180, fully comp with basic business mileage cover limited to 20000, not covering tools/goods is £650 with FNB and 6 points 1xSP30 & 1xSP50.

Used them as I already had a policy on a Jeep Cherokee Turbo Diesel with 6 months on, so upgraded that and got a quote for the £650 to give me an idea of renewal cost. The Jeep was £530 so not bad really.

Regards

Mike

P.S. remember that thread the other week we were talking about meeting up for a pint ? what about this weekend ? thought about Swan with Two Necks on the 53 other side of Baldwins gate ?
If interested we could contact our Congleton friend or even have a mini meet in the events section ? :beerchug

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
I used Direct Line for my ZS 120 5door.

£350 ish (full ncb, clean licence).

Cover includes work use (taking pupils to sports fixtures etc)

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<<thought about Swan with Two Necks on the 53 other side of Baldwins gate ?
If interested we could contact our Congleton friend or even have a mini meet in the events section ? >>

Good idea, and great easy-to find venue for all! Cant do this w/end as am going into hospital for an op. which will put me out for the thick end of a week. What about 2-3 weeks time, to give everyone else a bit of notice??

·
Registered
173 Posts
A-Plan Insurance

I've used A=Plan for years and they always come back with the best quotes.

MGZS 180 - 450 pounds fully comp FNCD, NO POINTS and I do 40,000 - 50,000 miles a year. Give them a ring, I think there main office is in Basingstoke.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Dave Harrison said:
<<thought about Swan with Two Necks on the 53 other side of Baldwins gate ?
If interested we could contact our Congleton friend or even have a mini meet in the events section ? >>

Good idea, and great easy-to find venue for all! Cant do this w/end as am going into hospital for an op. which will put me out for the thick end of a week. What about 2-3 weeks time, to give everyone else a bit of notice??

Dave,

Give me a shout when your fit I am on board most nights for 1/2 an hour or so. We'll set something up, and stick a post in the events.

Hope hospitals nothing too serious look forward to that pint:cool:

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts