MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I’m Reg, I live near Kingston in surrey.
I have a Mini which I am currently restoring. Replacing wings, front panel, scuttle, bonnet and rear valance. Also repairing boot floor, bulkhead, O/S rear quarter and N/S window sill. I have had it for 10 years and the rust has finally got to it, so it’s time for a big overhaul! While I’m doing the work also throwing on a carbon fibre roof (currently it has a leaky sunroof, so the carbon should fix it!) and a tuned 1275cc A-series.

This is a pic from a few years ago, before the rust went crazy!

My other car is a ‘04 ZS180, pretty much standard except an xpower back box. I bought the car from my dad. He bought it new and when he went to trade it in they offered him nothing for it. At the time I had a ZR120+ so I sold that and got some sweet V6 power.

Previous to my ZR I had a ’98 Rover 200 1.4. I do love darting around in a K-series powered car, fun engines.

I have my Dad to thank for my British car obsession, rolling around in Mini’s, SD1’s, Sterling (2.7), 620si, MG ZS. I’m more likely to turn my head at a Dolomite sprint than a Porsche, I know I have problems!

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Hi and :welcome:

Love minis, was doing the daughters mini up, few years a go, but the rear boot area was too far gone, so took it down ther scrappies. Like you she got the bug, now runs around in a mini cooper, proper one, she's just spent over a £1,000 on mot, rust repairs etc.

:wave;

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Hi there and welcome to XPF.

Nice looking cars:yup:

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
:welcome:

Nothing wrong with having your head turned by a Dolly sprint:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts