MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody! I am going to view a couple of zt 1.8t+ tomorrow. looking forward to it. always loved them as my dad started with a 75 2.0v6, followed by mg zt diesel and now owns zt260. looking at one in particular 05 54 reg, 1 owner, 52000 miles, full service history xpower grey for £1400! I know about the head gasket issue but one of the guys at work used to work for mg/rover and knows the 1.8t inside out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
was meant to view 1 this morning text the bloke to say we were leaving then told he had somone else looking at it! oh well! so tried another what a shed rust everywhere wheels oxodised and hard lumpy black deposits inside engine after removing oil filler. walked away. so after hours of driving around stopped at motoway services and checked tinternet to find another. So I bought it! Red 1.8t+ 160, 66000 miles decent service history, upgraded headgasket fitted and generally tidy, nice drive home will need some attention though drivers seat will need replaced along with a rear door card. springs will need some attention soon as picked up as an advisory on mot. aftermarket exhaust fitted looks standard but burbles nicely. looking forward to cleaning it up and coming to some meets! see you soon about to take it up round scotland for a week on holiday!

·
Watch out for Olli!!
373 Posts
Sounds like youre vry happy with your purchase. Looking forward to seeing some pics of it all cleaned up :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts