MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya.

Owned my 180 about 3 months now(ish)

I've signed up on here because i heard of a certain person who seems to be a bit of a celebrity in the MGR land; sheddist.

My clutch died on me tonight (somehow broken itself since i got out the car and it sat on my drive!!)

Anyway, the cluch just goes straight to the floor and i was maybe interested in one of his kits but dont really know much about them apart from they are better than OEM.

I'm not much of a mechanic but im ok with a spanner, would i be able to fit one of these myself?

Hello to you all, and i hope to spend some more time around this place!

Cheers

·
MG6 GT TSE & MGZS 180
265 Posts
Can't help with the clutch question but hello from a fellow Dartfordian :beerchug What colour 180 do have? I might have seen you about :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello! Its a mk1 hatch. I think the colour is anthracite. Its actually a dark blue/purple kinda colour, but the colour code is LQW which means anthracite.

Thats your ZS in the sig? I've noticed a black one with green stripes many times before in dartford, often used to see it around the bottom of east hill.

·
Biomorphic and the sun,perfection
3,290 Posts
Hiya.

Owned my 180 about 3 months now(ish)

I've signed up on here because i heard of a certain person who seems to be a bit of a celebrity in the MGR land; sheddist.

My clutch died on me tonight (somehow broken itself since i got out the car and it sat on my drive!!)

Anyway, the cluch just goes straight to the floor and i was maybe interested in one of his kits but dont really know much about them apart from they are better than OEM.

I'm not much of a mechanic but im ok with a spanner, would i be able to fit one of these myself?

Hello to you all, and i hope to spend some more time around this place!

Cheers
Sounds as though the slave cylinder bracket has broken,Sheddist is your man,welcome to XPF buddy..........

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, it seems all the 'common faults' are happening to me, one after the other.

First the Reluctor rings
Then the crankshaft sensor
Now the clutch gone

Think im starting to get VIS issues too (well my vis indicator tells me)

Next it'll be the belts going!

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Hi and :welcome:

Hope its sorted soon, after sorting all these faiults you will have a great car!!

:wave:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. Yeah, i do love the ZS its very nice to drive, but its definatly the most unreliable car i've owned so far. Hopefully once the clutch is sorted, i can get the belts done and then i'll have a nice reliable trouble free ZS.

·
MG6 GT TSE & MGZS 180
265 Posts
Hello! Its a mk1 hatch. I think the colour is anthracite. Its actually a dark blue/purple kinda colour, but the colour code is LQW which means anthracite.

Thats your ZS in the sig? I've noticed a black one with green stripes many times before in dartford, often used to see it around the bottom of east hill.
That's probably me then :) Dave Clark used to have a ZS with green stripes but he's got a TF now. Mine's anthracite too (grey on anything official though which gets confusing!) with tinted windows - give us a wave if you see me!!

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Welcome to XPF:yup:

·
LozMachine's better half
1,514 Posts
Hi and welcome :wavey:

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
i was maybe interested in one of his kits but dont really know much about them apart from they are better than OEM.

Hiya.:wavey:

:welc1:

Info on what the kit is all about here....http://forums.xpowerforums.com/showthread.php?t=31042

Loads of us, myself included, have fitted the kit ourselves as Nigel includes excellent step by step instructions.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thats looks great cheers for that! Will deffo be up for one of these. Just read the whole of the build part of the thread and it looks really good and comes with instructions which i could follow too :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts