MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Green Machine
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unlucky me! My R45 ones arrived today but the indicator bulb cover is loose inside the headlamp :twak2:

Can the lens be seperated from the back unit? Theres about 10 plastic clips, but they seem very fragile.
Id even got today off work to fit them!

·
The Pope
3,408 Posts
You can seperate them but the lense is glued to the backing so you have to get it HOT!

·
won hay-tee
607 Posts
You will never get it apart if you dont warm it up, i tried on a spare light and snapped/mangled it :D

I think most people put them in the oven for a while to soften the glue.

·
The Green Machine
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thought id get it done tonight, but 3 hours later and only one light done! So many rusted bolts under the bumper. Anyway heres the first light and new bumper. Overall cost, £16 for lights, £3 for bumper......

·
The Green Machine
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some better pics.....

Only annoying thing is the height adjuster doesnt seem to work on the drivers side light, yet its the same motor I took off my old headlamp :(

·
Registered
35 Posts
is it possible to remove theorange filter from the original headlights rather than changing the whole unit

·
Mechanic in disguise!
187 Posts
ill second that, surely there has to be a way to remove the orange from the standard zs lights?

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Think there's a "how to" either here or .org - think its a bit messy though as you have to heat up light in oven (or hot air gun?) to split light from reflector, then glue back together.
I like the silver indicators on most colours but for some reason not trophy blue, hence why I haven't done mine (still got a set in loft anyway though!)

·
Registered
35 Posts
they should have made mine clear from factorycos its silver colour even the side repeaters are clear jus the headlamps let me dwn

·
The Green Machine
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeh, like has been said above, they need heating up then resealing with silicone afterwards. A messy job I couldnt be bothered to do for the sake of £16!

·
The Green Machine
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just a SEAT Leon Cupra splitter. Screws directly under the MG splitter and costs around £18.

·
The Green Machine
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Mark, but the wheels needs refurb badly! They looked a millions times better after using Autoglym wheel cleaner, but its showed up every mark!
I quite like this pic I took yesterday:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts