MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
POL Group/MG ZR Owners/MG ZS Owners Club
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
has anyone fitted a renault laguna front splitter to a ZS saloon, already have a seat leon splitter fitted to my ZS, but it decided to pop out 3 screws tonight and has now dragged along the tarmac, so screwed back on for now, but seen somewhere someone fitted a laguna front splitter to a ZS, has anyone got photos of it fitted..

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Here ya go

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Which model is it from? I wanted one ages back but got hung up on when I said it wasn't for a laguna. Same for trying to get citroen washer jets.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
The laguna one looks better than the seat one i think on the MK1's. Had toyed with the idea of fitting the seat one to my MK2 and filling it in like that blue one that sold on t'other forum recently but, decided that the fronts low enough as it is after it caught on one of those blob of paint islands they stick in the middle of t' road.

·
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
cheers paul, made my mind up for me got to get onecool2

looking at that photo, has the owner taken of the MG splitter or did it have one at all before the Laguna splitter was fitted

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
cheers paul, made my mind up for me got to get onecool2

looking at that photo, has the owner taken of the MG splitter or did it have one at all before the Laguna splitter was fitted
I'd guess thers a good chance that it never had a splitter - its got no fogs.
Am sure I have seen pic of one with MGR splitter and the Laguna one somewhere.

·
Registered
317 Posts

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
I like that - looking forward to seeing some pics of it on a TB one :yup:

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
I will make sure a take some photos for you, keep watch :)
You're making me think of fitting my R45 V6 one - its similar to the Laguna one but without vents, could be worth fitting as I paid something daft like £80 for it years ago :daft:

·
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
How nice does that look Jimmy, really fits the bumper, i think better than the Seat Cupra one ive got on at the moments..
as photo below, this photo is pre damage, got a bid on a Laguna one on the bay at the moment....

Reactions: Sambo1981

·
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Hey Jimmy, i Won that Laguna Splitter on ebay, guy selling only live 5 or 6 miles away, if i can pick it up, i'll fit it this weekend. and i'll get some pics up. Hi Gary, hows tricks bud. Jimmy cheers for the advice matey, will let you know if i need any help Bud

cheers
Steve

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Got an hour or two on my own in the AM so may have a look at that V6 spoiler of mine, reckon a couple of cuts in the mounting face will let it follow shape of MGR splitter (its still on my std front bumper at the moment).

Nice to meet you the other day and Jim too - took a while for me to remember Jim from a Ladybower meet ages ago.

·
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good to meet you too Gary, your ZS is a great credit to you matey lovely shine on it. food at the Spread Eagle was very nice indeed. me and my kids had already been to the Rover 200/400 and Rover coupe birthday bash at RAF Cosford that morning, so we were starving lol.

Jimmy what cuts did you put in the Laguna Splitter before fitting it...

·
bigfella-network.co.uk
5,743 Posts
Sorry to say this, in my opinion they don't look right.

They don't look fitting, they just look like a stuck on piece of plastic thats not designed for the car. Lets leave it to the Nova boys.

·
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well fitted the Laguna splitter and i think it looks loads better that the leon one, but having had both on my ZS like the laguna one better. will take some pics when weather gets better, also changed my oe badges to black and chrome ones, like those to as the oe ones had started to fade and already replaced couple of years ago, thought it was time for a change once again. pics to follow.

·
back in my 3rd 180
222 Posts
Well fitted the Laguna splitter and i think it looks loads better that the leon one, but having had both on my ZS like the laguna one better. will take some pics when weather gets better, also changed my oe badges to black and chrome ones, like those to as the oe ones had started to fade and already replaced couple of years ago, thought it was time for a change once again. pics to follow.
looks a lot better than the leon one in my opinion,heres a pic of my old zs with it fitted

·
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
well thought after all this time i better get a pic uploaded

·
Registered
317 Posts
Nice one mate but please forgive me for pointing this out but you should have fitted it flush to the edge of the bumper and standard splitter, sorry :getcoat:

I keep meaning to do the one on my new TB ZS but I need to remove the standard splitter and rub irt down and spray it again as the previous owner forgot to lacker it and I would rather fit it with a bit of Tiger seal and the screws with the Laguna splitter fitted in case I catch the laguna spltter and cause any damage to the other splitter.

Fitted flush with the standard bumper and splitter, but it does require a few simple cuts and a little bending but promise it will fit perfectly with no need to cut the ends of the splitter.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts