MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems to be a few "new age" guys who think the suspension on the TF is too hard. I haven't driven a car with the "Sports Pack," however from my few miles in a standard TF160 I thought it felt about right. I imagine these types would complain if it was too soft too?

Again it's down to personal taste and didn't these guys test drive a car before placing an order? I have the use of a Z180 for a few days and I thought the suspension on that hard, but right for the cars performance abilities. No one complains about the ride in the ZS do they? In actual fact it's not far removed from the ride in the Trophy160, which personally I like in a any car.

Finally, none of them are as hard as the EVO VI GSR, I had. Surely if you want a true "Sports Car" this is one of the compromises you have to tollerate in the interests of handling?

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I agree

I recently sold my 98 Mini cooper S Works with Konis etc all round. It handled so well and really felt like a racing car and I liked it. I have ordered a TF135 with sports packs 1 and 2 so I understand the ride will be a little harder than standard but still very acceptable. If I wanted the ride of a corsa I wouldn't be looking at sports cars. I want to have fun NOT fall asleep at the wheel.

Chris

·
Registered
29 Posts
This really is a matter of taste.......

Ive got a TF160 and had a MGF 1.8i 2001 previously.

The TF suspension is much harder than the MGF and as a direct result of this, if you want a sports car that *goes* around a corner quickly it will.

The F would corner but I cant say i ever had any confidence. In the TF you can push and easily find the limits, (quite a long way trust me :D ) Also mid corner you can play witht the rear of the car coming off the throttle just a tad, great fun but those tyres look expensive.

For me although the MGF was comfortable if you pushed there was no grin factor, and if you got it over cooked, the front washed away first followed by massive oversteer that only if you are really on the ball and very quick and gentle it would come back. Eventually! (Also personal experience)

So you take your choice, comfort or fun!

I know which i prefer :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts