MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, Enjoying derving around in my ZS! but have noticed poor hanbrake performance also last mot advisory was rusty rear discs so yesterday changed discs/pads believing this would improve the handbrake.Not so! The Haynes book of lies says nothing about adjustment only the lever, can anybody help?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
They auto adjust. You have to slacken the cable off under the ash tray in the back and then make sure the cable cams have both returned to touch the stops. Pump the brakes several times and then adjust the cable. It is 7 clicks minimum and should lock the wheels before 11 clicks. You should not have to put more than moderate pressure on the lever to lock the wheels.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Spectre, Bingo! just been out to the garage and followed your instructions, handbrake now in order! Thats another lack of past maintainance dealt with! Will now go back in after tea and try and sort the lack of rear parking sensors(think its a broken wire somewhere)

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
You should be able to hear the parking sensors clicking when you select reverse with the ignition on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I did find a broken wire,duly fixed, but I can,t hear any clicking when selecting reverse, only the buzzer sounding which the handbook tells me that this signals a fault with the system,it goes off for about 5 seconds then stops.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
You'll need to get your ear right next the sensor to hear it clicking:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts