MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

Group List for MG ReMapping at Z & F Tuning

8K views 45 replies 10 participants last post by  cjsale 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thought I had better move the attendence list for the re-map onto its own thread, so we dont loose it in the thread, please only use this thread for the list or discussons about the list.

1) Evilmonkey - ZS120 Mk2
2) Stephen G - ZS110 Mk2 - possibly ( Depends when)
3) Dave Parft - MGZT Turbo
4) NigelS - MGTF
5) Michaelb - MGZS120 Mk2 - 99% Maybe
6) GaryGee/BlueZS - MGZS120+ mk1 - Maybe
7) Buckydevil - MGZS110 MK2
8 & 9) Myself and Christine - 2 x MGZS120 - Keyfob reprogramming - we dont need the tune-up - lol
10) Hipstar - ZR160 - maybe
11)GazSuttonUK - MG TF - maybe
12) mattie007 - MGZS120 mk1 - maybe (just depends on date)

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
I could be up for this as oddly enough i got a quote yesterday and then found this thread so the saving is pretty good :)

4) NigelS - MGTF
6) GaryGee/BlueZS - MGZS120 mk1 - Maybe
8 & 9) Myself and Christine - 2 x MGZS120 - Keyfob reprogramming - we dont need the tune-up - lol

How would it work? Specific times to arrive or a convoy? :) thanks

#3 ·
Once settled on how many people are going to attend I will speak to Mark and arrange the best time to arrange the visit, but I would say we all just arrive sometime from our own area's, there will (hopefully) be a few of us from my area, about a 2.5 hour drive for me.

#4 ·
Sounds sensible :)
I'm leeds so it'll be about 3 hours i'd guess. I was only asking because it's not, from what i can gather, a 5 minute job. It's bespoke. So, just had visions of standing around for hours waiting, or perhaps it being a rush job for Mark if there were 10 people all waiting!
Thanks for arranging this :)

#5 ·
I will speak to Mark and see what he suggests, he has already suggested maybe 2 sessions, when we had ours done it took about 30mins per car, he has to first determine which version of the software your car has and then works from there.

I have no problem in being there for the whole day, but I will only be going for the keyfob programming this time.

We are coming from Sale, Cheshire, possibly pick a couple of others up on the way from our area, If I can convince them to spend the money now...

#7 ·
Update

4) NigelS - MGTF
6) GaryGee/BlueZS - MGZS120 mk1 - Maybe

#17 ·
I have spoken to them too recently - I think you are may be getting a little confused with the similar offer they did for .ORG members. I guess the point is really that they know where their customer base is and its common sense to make a group offer to get ten jobs in rather than one - especially in one day. Other things is like any business, if you are quiet you may choose to cut some profit in the short term to keep some work coming through paying for lease/loans etc. I don't think you can knock them for this. I'd just be glad of the discount/reasonable price.

I agree with cjsale though - bottom line - if the rest of your engine is running well (serviced, vis, fuel filter etc) then this mod should improve the driving character, power delivery and maybe make the car a bit more fuel efficient - which seems very sensible to me for £200. The more improvements (mods) you have the more dramatic the change will be (logically).

I've done a bit of reading around it also and I think it is very plausible what the company are saying - that the stock ECU setup might not be the most efficient - I have read elsewhere for example that the 160 K4 turbo was deliberately detuned' by MGR so as not to make the KV6 look bad in the ZS which had problems with under bonnet space, heat and noise levels (leading to narrow induction and exhaust outlet etc) restricting it to around 176BHP. It's fairly clear the KV6's original intended target was probably around the 200BHP mark with the XPower bits you could get at the dealer and they had a supercharged test mule with maybe BHP 235BHP AFAIK.

When this all went out the window MGR had to rethink the 160ZR/ZT as well - a knock on effect which may have had nothing to do with the engines actual potential. Another consideration for the lower power may have had been the weak head gasket/oil rail also (more power = more heat = more probability of failure). Ford have fixed that issue now with the Freelander mods so this should be a green light to upgrade - would be for me with a K4 turbo.

I'm not an expert but Z and F appear to be.

P

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
Definatly still a good price Chris, plus its not to for me to go.

4) NigelS - MGTF

#12 ·
Updated:sofa:

4) NigelS - MGTF

#28 ·
Updated:sofa:

4) NigelS - MGTF
7) Buckydevil - MGZS110 MK2 (cancelled till later date)

#13 ·
Updated with a couple more plus's

I think Matt's is a plus as well but not sure..

4) NigelS - MGTF
5) Michaelb - MGZS120+ Mk2 - 99% Maybe
8 & 9) Myself and Christine - 2 x MGZS120+ - Keyfob reprogramming - we dont need the tune-up - lol

#32 ·
No sorry he is not able to work on the 180 as yet, but it will come at a later date.

Hipster, no problem but as you say Mark does offer the service by post, I will ask if you could have a discount as you had your name down.

However we may be able to do the following 2 sundays after the 31st, nothing set in concrete yet, just depends how many are OK for the 31st, or not OK as the case may be.

#34 ·
Hipster, no problem but as you say Mark does offer the service by post, I will ask if you could have a discount as you had your name down.

However we may be able to do the following 2 sundays after the 31st, nothing set in concrete yet, just depends how many are OK for the 31st, or not OK as the case may be.
After much faffing i bit the bullet and will be having mine remapped and hopefully an overun burble at the garage on friday afternoon :)
Will let you know the results :)

#40 ·
I'd just like to say what an awesome upgrade this is. I'm going to write a lot more about it some time soon when i get some free time but it really is such a fantastic improvement to the car.
What i hadn't appreciated is that the car has really been tweaked to take all the sharp edges off: for example, there are deliberate time lapses on the throttle response so things are smoother. What this also means is that things are slower. This is really the tip of the ice-berg and what Mark does is enhance your car's ECU and engine. Everything is improved. The mid range quarter mile acceleration is nicely improved and is certainly noticeable and with 98 Octane fuel you can definitely feel a newer, improved beast under you. I also had a slight overun burble done so the car is now sounding great and satisfies the child in me!
For £259 you won't be disappointed and you are really simply giving your MG what it ought to have had in the 1st place!
Enjoy :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.