MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
The back roads between Bromsgrove, Droitwich and Worcester - lots of different names but all fantastic fun!!
Agreed,

Junc 4 on M5, Exit onto Sandy lane.
Turn right onto Money Lane
Head right onto Day House Bank
Left onto Newtown lane
And then either right onto Yew Tree Lane, or left onto Oxwood Lane

Just a quick example of what's on offer around these parts, nice mix of twisties, strights, hedge rows and open fields. Great fun!

·
Registered
59 Posts
best places i know of round my way is A57 snake pass not many police although i did nearly cack it when a black hawk helicopter popped out from behind some trees with all guns and missiles attached (fakes) turned out he was using me for a target to test his heat seeking gizmos in the cock pit acording to the pilot when i saw him in derwent valley after he'd landed apparently they fly over there a lot as there is an air force military base nearby

Other roads i know of is buxton to whaley bridge (long hill) not very long but well worth the ten minutes of joy

Icant remeber the road number but if you come over the A6 dual carriage way and get onto the slip road going towards buxton and follow the signs for castleton thats a nice road, good bends and a nice straight 100mph easily reachable on the straight

Also sparrowpit if you go to the same road as above and follow signs for doveholes then take the 1st exit at the roundabout and follow castleton that way this is also good

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Another great road is the kirkstone pass in the lake district i love that road its an amazing drive over that ,its not a road you can go quick on but the view is amazing and your driving though the mountains and the drops either side of you are mad my girlfriend isnt so keen on it though she hates looking over the sides . And when you get to the top there is a pub called the kirkstone pass inn great to grab a coke if your driving and a bite to eat .

·
Registered
59 Posts
Is that the Snake pass that gets snowed in???

Been up and down few years ago, with the markers, to show how deep the snow is!!!!

Went up Wrynose and Hardknott Pass in my MG Midget, so steep it feels like you could flip backwards, if you went over a stone!!!

http://www.visitcumbria.com/amb/wrynose-pass.htm
Snake pass gets snowed in all the time but has no snow markers any where on it. That road in the pics look to be the road leading to holmefirth which you can pick up off the woodhead rd

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you know the short cut through to Oulton park it's a nice little tester. And the police all concentrate on the main routes) Just hang a right by the red fox traffic lights on the a51 i think and follow the road through Eaton. Nice twisty b roads all the way to the circuit.
There's also a single track mile straight a few miles from there which is great for high end speeds. it's known as mickley hall lane but not sure if thats its official rd name.

·
Registered
207 Posts
In cornwall, the B3254 launceston to bude late at night

and again at night or between november - march the St Ives to St Just road, Killed my golf, corrado, transit and a rover on that road! Legendary! too many tourists during the day though!

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
I really enjoy the A44 from The Redgate Inn on the A5, up to Appleby Magna.

There's not much to it, but on a sunny day it's nice to have the windows open and just drive through the countryside and through Twycross and all the small villages.

I also really love Cornwall, when you get to the roads completely covered with trees and the roads are really narrow and windy.
It's scary but fun haha

·
Registered
207 Posts
B3254 from Launceston to Bude is a beauty.
Atlantic highway (north coast road of Cornwall)
And my favorite, The St Ives to St Just road, i personally prefer it coming from St Just toward St Ives but it's a really technical and tricky road, lots of intricate corners which tighten, some beautiful long bends with 2 or even 3 apexes, in alot of places you can see the road for miles ahead so you can drive in the knowledge that you're not going to meet any nasty surprises, sadly, in summer it's completely choc a block with German tour busses.

·
Registered
79 Posts
B9007 from Forres to Carbridge if you ever find yourself in the Inverness area. A lot of it is single track, but you can see well ahead as not many trees up there. Stunning scenery as well.

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Anyone tackled any of these roads after reading this thread?

Which is a good read IMHO

·
19,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I also really love Cornwall, when you get to the roads completely covered with trees and the roads are really narrow and windy.
It's scary but fun haha
Its pretty much like that in Norfolk.

·
19,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
B3254 from Launceston to Bude is a beauty.
Atlantic highway (north coast road of Cornwall)
And my favorite, The St Ives to St Just road, i personally prefer it coming from St Just toward St Ives but it's a really technical and tricky road, lots of intricate corners which tighten, some beautiful long bends with 2 or even 3 apexes, in alot of places you can see the road for miles ahead so you can drive in the knowledge that you're not going to meet any nasty surprises, sadly, in summer it's completely choc a block with German tour busses.
Sounds Fun:):racer:

41 - 55 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.