MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys and Girls

I have found a local firm that is willing to produce a sort of MG X-Power windscreen visor. I like the look of the ones on the touring cars and on the new MG-TF 500 (in autocar last week.) This is purely to promote the website and make it easier for us to spot each other as we drive by !!

The work they have done in the past is good quality, and they are willing to use my car as the donor guinea pig. They did say though that if we wanted more to be done it would be easier to laser cut them in a big batch.

Is anyone out there interested or am i barking up the wrong tree ??

·
Zed Heaven
7,508 Posts
Guess there's no chance of seeing some pics first is there? If I could see what it looked like might consider it. Otherwise no.

·
Registered
253 Posts
yeah i'm up for that, i did put a yellow visor on but it was the wrong shade and had a thousand bubbles! So I ripped it off.

I'll do it if it looks gooooooooood!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I am passing the picture onto them from Autocar with the MGTF 500 in it. This is to get the colour and style right.

I have seen a pic on this site
http://www.xpower-mg.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1262

If you look at it on the 500 it looks really nice, not to deep and boy racer'ish, just subtle.

I will see if I can get a mockup done on mine for photos first. They maybe able to do some digital ones with a proposed look. I'll ask and see what they say.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Already have the correct colour codes for the green. It was a pain in the backside getting it, working 2 miles from Thruxton helps though, especially as one of the local bodyshops there knows most people in the 'RACE' seen. It is the same colour as is used on the ZS TOCATOUR cars. Should be near identical i reckon.

·
Zed Heaven
7,508 Posts
I guess we're limited to the official Xpower colours are we...green? My Zed is Trophy Blue, that's all.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think so.

I have supplied the pictures of the TF500 with it's sunstrip in green. They asked for the colour codes for this green in the picture, it is the official X-power one I think.

I however don't see why we can't go for the design as shown in the picture, (link afew posts up), and just change the background colour. If people want the background to match their coloured car, I will put it to them.

·
Registered
89 Posts
if you got to Halfords (the place witht he orange logo now) they have the right shade (well near enough for the Trophy yellow ZR.

They are really easy to fit (i would suggest cutting them to shape BEFORE putting them on) with a squeegy and a bucket or spray bottle of water and washing up liquid (leave to dry for 12 hrs or longer or it will blow off!!)

Dave

G

·
Tahiti

Thanks for the link. :( Nice sunstrip BTW. Didn't stay long enough to get the contact number however!

I was amazed to see that Steve Childs has now even got a ZED car Sub-Forum and an MG Sport & Racing (wonder were he got the idea from?). I suppose I should be flattered! :rofl:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts