MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you open the John Price 6R4 movie on this page , the 6R4 engine noise is absolutely superb.

But, how do I extract the just the sound, so I can consider using it on the website? Sad I know, but that wailing engine - just does it for me. Maybe just better than sex......................well OK, not

OT - this engine has been used at Le Mans and in the Jag220!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Jerry,
Use the sound recorder facility,(Win98=Programs>Accesories>Entertainment>Sound recorder). Then copy to something like RealJukebox or other to encode to (Pref) MP3 format which is a fair old compression, but it works. by listening to it (Nice) I'd say it's only 1mb or so for an MP3.:cool:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Jerry,
I have downloaded the file and extracted the audio and put it into MP3 format for you. If you still need the audio let me know I can can email it to you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Jerry,
I need your email address, I tried to get it off of your profile but it would not give it to me. BTW the file size is 380kb.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Luddite

Thanks got the file - unfortunately & as you DID mention it's MP3.The file upload as background are wave - real etc.

Will try later when the son who downlaods music all day shows me how to convert it!!

Thanks anyway - sounds brill!

PS. Just phoned Snetterton - still drizzling. Should I go - well OK!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Still here - it's absolutely bucketing down outside.

I wouldn't say no. Be interested to know how its done though. However as mentioned, I'm sure my son can show me later! :D

Just changed the pictures around on the homepage too - will getting ready for the rasp of the V6!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts