MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a few bits today ready so I can hopefully fit them next week when I am off.
1.) Aero wipers
2.) Magnecor KV85 HT Leads
3.) Mintex discs and pads all round
4.) Two ABS reluctor rings

Hopefully can get my hands on a post cat lambda as well. Hopefully she will feel a bit tighter and a bit smoother come next week.

Will stick up some pics of all the work if I can next week! :)
Can anyone suggest some 5hit hot penetrating fluid as i have run out of WD and want to get something better.

·
Lighten up dude
1,154 Posts
:

Good stuff

dont forget to post the work and feedback on the car.... helps everyone else to consider the mods.

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:

Good stuff

dont forget to post the work and feedback on the car.... helps everyone else to consider the mods.

Cheers

Paul
Yeah will do, I took some time deciding to go for Mintex as some people say they give off to much brake dust. Everyone is different tho and I will post up my findings on them from normal day to day use and not whether it stops like an F1 car ;)

Quick question. What is the sounder box mod you got from Nigel??

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
I put "how to" for the reluctor rings on ZSCentral, will have to put it on here too.

Edit: Just put it into "how to" on here, been meaning to for ages :lol:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Gary, I have seen your how to before and was going to use it next week. Really unsure about the weight of the car resting on a small part of the hub/disc on an axle stand. That stuff scares me when there's a lot of pressure, I once got a trolley jack wheel caught in a rut in the drive and if I hadn't of been releasing it slowly it would of come off and probably hit me in the head :eek:
Call me a wimp but I really don't like stuff like that!

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Thanks Gary, I have seen your how to before and was going to use it next week. Really unsure about the weight of the car resting on a small part of the hub/disc on an axle stand. That stuff scares me when there's a lot of pressure, I once got a trolley jack wheel caught in a rut in the drive and if I hadn't of been releasing it slowly it would of come off and probably hit me in the head :eek:
Call me a wimp but I really don't like stuff like that!
You could pop the wheel back on to lower the car onto but then I don't think you can access the nuts & bolts (due to the wheel being in the way). Another way would be to lower the car so the disc itself rests on some good blocks of wood, but not sure I wood like to stress a disc like that - unless you are fitting new discs and leave the old ones on untill you have done this tightening procedure.

The weight of the car is not taken by the hub / axle stand - you're just lowering it enough to take the weight of the suspension componets and the movement out of the suspension, the trolley jack stays in situ under the sill.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I don't think there would be enough access, I am putting new discs on at the same time but I think I will just be very careful and put some weight on it and I will like you say just keep the jack in situ.

Cheers buddy! I will try and take some pics anyway and pop them up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts