MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

· Now in a 3
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Looking good.

Really really cant wait for ours.

How long did it take Tracy? We were initially told about 3 weeks then when we ordered he said a week which then turned into 1.5 to 2 weeks.

Not frustrated but cant wait!

· MG6 GT TSE & MGZS 180
263 Posts
Looking good.

Really really cant wait for ours.

How long did it take Tracy? We were initially told about 3 weeks then when we ordered he said a week which then turned into 1.5 to 2 weeks.

Not frustrated but cant wait!
Thanks :) Ours was just under 1.5 weeks - we went for a test drive on the 16th, ordered the car on the 19th, it was registered on the 25th and delivered on the 28th. I don't know if it makes any difference but we ordered ours direct from MG UK rather than through our local dealer. Hope yours is here soon :)

· Now in a 3
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Spoke to dealer today. Car is currently at longbridge waiting for a transporter to come to the south of England :sad:

Apparantly it is down for delivery on Wednesday, then I have to wait a further 24 hours for the dealer to A glaze it.

Hopefully Thursday or Friday evening depending on the time it turns up at the dealers. :rockon:

· It's a big fan
3,215 Posts
Well, here it is. Absolutely love it.

Only problem now is max 3k revs for first 900 miles :-(
:clap:

With all that torque from the turbo and the low gearing so you can still do 70 on the motorway that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

The problem will be keeping it clean through the winter months, but it does look very smart in white :cool:

· Registered
1,921 Posts
I've had the pleasure of driving one, Quite impressed really but I'm just not interested until there's a more sporty one (Lower setup, more aggressive styling, bigger NASP petrol engine).

The 1.8 turbo is fine, does the job. Just doesn't "Fizz" if you follow? Not at all interested about a diesel MG.

I know the mass market doesn't want a gas guzzling rocket, bot for me MGs are special and should always sit on the drive next to a sensible car to make up for the bonkers approach to motoring.

The looks of the 6 are definitely growing on me, and from my short experience you'll be really happy, cracking value for money - especially a second hand buy! As I said, bigger engine, more aggressive styling and I'm won over.

Best of luck with her!

21 - 40 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.