MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
don't know if this has been covered before or not, but my headlights were badly hazed.

sorry, no pics of before, just after.

1200 grit wet and dry, a decent buffer at speed and some fast cut later and all the hazing has gone.

rub down with 1200 grit, then buff with some fastcut, wet and dry again in the patches that needed it and re-buff. Simples.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
Good job. They look brand new.:yup:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Unlikely I'd have thought unless its condensation due to water ingress?
it just looks matted from the inside but it's definitely not condensation. Been like this for years.

EDIT: Have a feeling it's tarnishing from the heat of the bulbs. Although it's not browned or anything. Just hazed.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this was hazing on the outside.

condensation on the inside may be a poor seal.
can always drill a small hole in base of light to fix, mercedes told dealers to do this as a fix incase you were thinking its sounds a bit of a bodge.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
this was hazing on the outside.

condensation on the inside may be a poor seal.
can always drill a small hole in base of light to fix, mercedes told dealers to do this as a fix incase you were thinking its sounds a bit of a bodge.
If I thought it was condensation I'd probably give it a go but it just doesn't look like it. I'll have another look at it later to confirm.

I take it the headlight units can't be disassembled?

·
Registered
59 Posts
a select few have put headlights in the oven before now on a very low heat to soften the glue, i do know of a few that have managed to do it but have also seen a few horror stories regarding this, it all depends if you have the kahonas to give it a try

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
a select few have put headlights in the oven before now on a very low heat to soften the glue, i do know of a few that have managed to do it but have also seen a few horror stories regarding this, it all depends if you have the kahonas to give it a try
Yikes. No. I'm not that desperate!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I parted alfa headlights, the mod there was paint the innards black like the GTA.
Some people make a living by doing this.

they will need warming, as in 6mins in a warm but not hot oven.

Its really not that scary to do.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts