MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The weather people are predicting a high of 17 degrees C in the south east by Friday and around 13 elsewhere. Time for some spring cleaning and polishing of the paintwork I think.

·
Wrote off but not Dead YET !!!
4,803 Posts
woop woop looks like no cold hands for me then this week :D

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Yeah make the most of it , i,ve just seen on the news there on about hosepipe bans already in the south there saying not enough rainfall over this winter . Not heard anything like this yet up north but i,m sure it will come its a joke . Its about time they started to look at this problem and put something in place to solve it we pay enough money to these water companies and what do they do with it pay them selves nice big bonus. They dont have these problems in the likes of spain and other med countries and they dont get half as much rain as we do .

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Think they want us to pay for all the upgrades, all the money they make goes on bonus and wages and paying the shareholders.

Pity they never put the money back into the pipes and reservoirs, can see big hikes on the bills, on the way.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stop moaning we get all the rain and you get all the summers.

·
won hay-tee
607 Posts
woop woop looks like no cold hands for me then this week :D
Still cleaning then Steve? (its Micky-O from a1plus valeting/ARC in newcastle)

I closed mine down over a year ago now as i was working like a dog for a year and figured it was not worth it any more :(

The recession really smashed my profits down, and i ended up around 35k out of pocket :hammerhea All my contracts died off when other business`s went bust, total nightmare!

The only stuff i had left was the general public and they mostly all got suckered into the immigrants around the corner who halved my price list to steal business, yeah they did rubbish job, but people in my area have really cut back a huge amount.

6.5 years of my life for nothing, dohhhh!!

I still keep in contact with one of the other local owners (in fact im off to see one in 20 mins) and while the basic wash services are doing OK, the valeting work is rubbish now, my mate has now completely stopped doing it at all, as nobody wants to pay the money required to do the job properly.

2 weekends ago i was out in the cold washing my own car with the old bucket/hose and i was sick of my life, LOL! amazing what a year inside a properly heated building can do to you, its turned me into a pusscake! :D

·
Wrote off but not Dead YET !!!
4,803 Posts
yeah still going, 11 years this year on my own, i have noticed a difference but still have the regs, even with the eastern europeans i can still make some money, but i correct all there mess up so thats what keeps me going :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts