MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over on MG BB - there is a discussion on Gatso's.

My Bel550 picks up any "GREY" box when active with enough warming.

Specs on the M6 - NO.

What about the blue facing camera's - not Trafficmaster - does a Radar Detector pick those up? :(

Also, what are these things that have appeared on motorways - the Traffimaster type detector? Are they Trafficmaster or something more sinister?

PS. They make my blood boil - feel like driving around with a "Spray Tin" of ORANGE paint!

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
I can remember seeing a TV programme a couple of months ago (discovery channel I think) about these devices.
The police said that they didn't work, well they would wouldn't they, but pointed out that radar detectors had a particular problem with hand held radar guns which can be used some distance away (by the time you see plod on the bridge with the gun he's already clocked you).
I have seen, what appeared to be, a few 'hand helds' in use, by the police, on the M1 in the Chesterfield area over the last few months.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
The blue facing camera's are generally CCTV on inter-urban motorways for traffic control. SPAD's (Like on the M6 around those roadworks by StarCity) always seem to be between infra red camera's.
BTW JLD- I shall be in your neck of the woods this w/e...doing a run 4 a self employed haulier pal to Corus in Scunny, then up to Guisborough. In a nice 6x4 ERF E12TX, 14 litres of Hummin' Cummins underneath me backside! :D :D :D :D :D :D If you read this B4 midday, mail me with your No.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts