bigfella-network.co.uk
5,743 Posts
Good day, mate.

Looks like a fine one.

Good luck with the Yute.

·
Registered
151 Posts
does it come with free can of fosters and 2 blokes acting like idiots? but on the subject of car tho,nice looking motor so good luck with sale.

·
Front wheels steer, rear wheels drive.
12,325 Posts
are there any sprintex supercharged zs knocking round in australia ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey boys.

We put steaks on the barbie, not shrimp (which we actually call prawns) :err:

That tourism Ad was total fail and leaves people with totally the wrong things to say to Aussies! :slap:

Yes we've purchased an X5 4.4 v8 for family duties, so the beloved ZS has to go.

Less than 30 MG ZS's in the whole of Australia. (It's a big country you know)

We never got the Mk1s, only the Mk2s.

It's economical for an Aussie car, remember our Falcons and Commodores come with 6.2 ltr + V8s (Sold over there as Vauxhal VX-Rs I think). So yes, all relative!

And yes, boot will fit many cartons of beer, or in my case, pram for the kids and shopping by the wife..... :beerchug

And no, Dingo didn't take my baby.... :roll:

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Most Aussies actually hate Fosters too! It's advertising that leads us to believe that they love it.

TCB180 FROM ORIGINAL SOUTH WALES

·
Registered
49 Posts
$12,000 Australian dollars - am I correct in saying that's about £7k?

It may be worth driving my 120 there to sell it.

·
Front wheels steer, rear wheels drive.
12,325 Posts
Hey boys.

Less than 30 MG ZS's in the whole of Australia. (It's a big country you know)

We never got the Mk1s, only the Mk2s.

:roll:
funny, the sprintex site made it sound like zs supercharged were relatively normal / common over there, im willing to be there are actaully zero.

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Wow that went quick mate!

Bring on the Ashes :)

J:)

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
What a shame ZS in this country are so difficult to sell for decent money.

Now there's a thought, fill a container with mk2 zeds and export them to Oz to sell on.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What a shame ZS in this country are so difficult to sell for decent money.

Now there's a thought, fill a container with mk2 zeds and export them to Oz to sell on.
Good plan mate, but unfortunately you would never be allowed to drive them on the road.

Our strict importation laws prevent the importation of a car that was sold here by Australian dealers until they are over 15 years old. This is to protect our used car market and dealer profits... :slap:

Since Mk1 were never sold here they would be a different story, but the costs to have a car "complied" to certify it meets our standards ADRs it a costly and involved process. Alot of things need to be changed, like seatbelts, windscreen, and even some times side intrusion bars need to be welded inside doors.

Nice idea, but you wouldn't want the hassle!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts