MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
How do you take the front spliter off? I just got my new bumper through and I wanna put the spliter from my existing bumper on to it. Also, how do I gtake the drivers side wing off? Cheers!

·
Registered
385 Posts
dunno about the splitter but my front wing was lose and it appeared to be just bolted on.
inside drivers door where the hinges are and a bolt inside the bonnet where the rear bonnet hinges are located, these were all lose on mine.

sure if you get a torch or during the day you should be able to see where the rest are?

Paul

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Is this the 180 body kit?
I suspect the spliter is held on with heavy duty doublesided foam tape.

The wing is held on with several bolts 4(IIRC) on the top, 1 behind the bumper, 1 or 2 by the hinges and 1 at the bottom hidden by the side skirt (I left this one out when I changed my wing.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is this the 180 body kit?
I suspect the spliter is held on with heavy duty doublesided foam tape.

The wing is held on with several bolts 4(IIRC) on the top, 1 behind the bumper, 1 or 2 by the hinges and 1 at the bottom hidden by the side skirt (I left this one out when I changed my wing.
I have no idea =/ It was already on my car when I got it. I have a 120+ if that helps? What would be the easiest way to take the spliter of?
Also, what would be the easiest way to access the bold under the side skirt?

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
I used a large screwdriver to lever out the front of the skirt enough to get a ratchet spanner in there, lost the bolt though and didn't replace it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Talkingcars. I hall have a go at that When I get the bumper off to change the bumper in a couple of weeks time

1 - 6 of 6 Posts