MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Zed Heaven
7,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friendly MG family

Come on people. What's up with us all? Everytime I pass a fellow MG (any model) I flash, wave and otherwise try and elicit a response from the other guy. Result...fcuk all!

Why are we all miserable ******? Anyone passing by the Preston area better wave next time or I'll come and sort you out!!!

F

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
You want to come down south a bit m8, Get plenty of Z waves in Swindon. Seem to get strange looks from F/TF and classic MG owners though....

G

·
Sorry guys and gels I don't wave, as the others don't wave back, I do occasionally flash.

Pointless, flashing/waving to TF's if your in a ZED.

Also, pointless, flashing/waving to MGB's and older stuff if in your ZED.

VICKY VERKY:

If I'm in the F, ZED's ignore if you flash 'em, likewise older "B" stuff.

Summary, as mentioned rarely bother.:wave: ing! Best answer is to :guns:

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Jerry, I wouldn't ignore an F or a B while in the Z....

Blimey, all these letters are confusing me now... :)

·
Long Haired Lout
1,050 Posts
I always try to acknowledge any MG driver I see, regardless of type. Gotta say most ppl dont bother waving back though. Not even the two ZT's I see every morning on the way to work, miserable b*****ds.

·
Zed Heaven
7,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe just us northerners round here too miserable!

But in future, I'm gonna name and shame all those MGs who fail to respond. Maybe couple of them read this BBS and might get their arses into gear. How hard is it to wave to a fellow MG? Not...exactly!

F

·
Registered
214 Posts
:sorry: by the time ive even spotted another zed r,s or t there usally gone by the time i lift my arm up!:D must learn to drive more slowly!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Its not just you northerners.....

The southern sad old gits appreciation club dont even blink.

Have had some flashes and waves in London though. And i must say the ladies love the cars. Come down to the city.... The Chelsea girls always want to go for a quick spin!:D

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
its up to us

Guys,

I used to be one of those MGB drivers, but it took me time to cotton on, but I've now perfected flashing on the move:blush

What we need to do is keep waving and flashing until these newbies learn what its all about.

I pass couple of F's on my way to work in my zed and now get regular waves, just took a bit of obvious light flashing to get their attention in the first place. Quite funny watching the reactions of the guy your tailing at the time .... Dont panic mr manoring :eek:

Persistance is the key

Keep on waving:wave:

Mike

·
Zed Heaven
7,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As above, Toby, I'm on a mission to educate Zeds around Preston to wave.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Same in the West Mids lads......F**K ALL of a flash of no one...c'mon guys bikers hav been doin this for yrs...why cant we??

·
Registered
53 Posts
Same where I am. I've had one wave since I got my car in March. I've had people flash me in other cars though. Don't know if they're people with ZED's at home or flashing for another reason!! :confused:

·
Registered
253 Posts
saw a well fit bird in tesco car park in basingstoke in her blue 105 or 120. She never played the blindest bit of notice of my attempts to catch her eye as I parked up next to her..... Still you win some you lose some!

·
Zed Heaven
7,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Had a similar experience up here Brum Brum. Was actually parking at The Trafford Centre few weeks ago and this drop dead gorgeous bird was climbing out of her Trophy Blue TF. I just wish I'd got there a few seconds earlier to watch her pull up the hood! Anyway, getting off track now, I got out just as she was walking past. But unlike you, she actually spoke to me first...just "hi" nothing more. I can't remember what I said back. But it couldn't have been good as she had vanished in no time. Jaw probably on ground too!

F

·
Registered
362 Posts
I always wave and/or flash other ZED drivers. Think it's polite, and part of that family feeling, one of the reasons i bought an MG.

As for the older MG's, well they can stick thier non-waving hands up thier non-sunny extremities. I never get a response from them (problee holding the cars together so they ain't got a free hand!)

As for tasty ladies, the ZED attracts em like moths to a light. Got chatting to a lurverlee lassy at the petrol station yesterday bout the ZED. Only new her two mins and started costing me money.

I was so busy looking @ her ass i ended up putting £20 in the car when i only intended on putting in a tenner!!!!!!!

It was worth the extra cash tho............. :laugh:

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Seen a couple of ZRs tonight.

One was too far away to wave but got a curious look from the other when I waved.

Probably thinking 'what's up with that nutter in the red car'!!

:wave: :wave: :wave:

·
Zed Heaven
7,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Keep it up John. You get Lincolnshire sorted, I'll do Lancashire and with any luck the whole country will be waving at us soon!

:wave:

F

·
Registered
253 Posts
Saw a bird in a yellow ZS today and she flashed me first.... I waved.... But she was mingin!!! But fair play to her for keeping up the zed wave.

·
Zed Heaven
7,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Passed an F and a ZS. Both ignored me. The ZS was owned by our local commercial radio station as had their logos all over it. Bunch of tossers anyway.

Still no luck in getting responses.

F

·
in The Chairman's Chair
957 Posts
Guys

It is no different down here around the Cannock,Lichfield area.

Did post a thread some time ago about flashing.

Jerry, maybe we should have a hall of shame section on the forum to list those that don;t wave/flash back.

Pass a Trophy Blue ZS on the way to work every day and every day he never waves/flashes back.

Must say (and this is not meant to be sexest) but I have yet seen a female Zed driver wave or flash back of the few Zed drivers that have bothered they have all been blokes.

The wife's got a ZR like me and she flashes/waves at other Zed cars.

Passed 3 Zeds on Thursday and not one gave us a wave.

Come on Zed owners we have something to be proud of, we have a car with history and pedigree and style, thats a lot more than can be said for some of the other cars on the road.

And above all were British (let put the Great back into Great Britain).

1 - 20 of 34 Posts