MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Looks as though Mts EVO and Scoobies WRX are going to have to up their game. The new Cossie does sound good on paper.
300bhp £30,000.

Same benchmark as the established field.

0-60 in 5
0-100 in 12
Top 155

Worth celebrating if it was made in the UK! :rolleyes:

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Fantastic

Seen some good reviews of my next car. What do you MG types think of the 4wd Subaru basher?:cool

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
I would hope that people would be willing to look at it objectivally and weigh up the pros and cons before commiting themselves.

Have to admit though, for some the lack of an octagonal badge on the front would be a big no no.

:laugh:

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Focus Cossie should be the dogs danglies. The standard cars chassis is excellent so if they do a decent job of it, they should be able to worry some people in Japan.

Especially as the Focus will probably look a lot better than the jap stuff too.

I wasn't too keen on the Focus initially, but now some warmer ones are around they can look quite tasty - with the exception of the booted monstrosity!!!

Matt.

·
Registered
314 Posts
The ST170 is a bit half-hearted by all accounts, especially against talented cars like the Type R and MG ZS, i hope the Cossie makes up for it even if it has got a blue oval on the grille!.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'd expect it to be quicker than a WRX seeing as it costs 10 grand more than the standard WRX and 6 grand more than the new STi :D

Seriously though it looks like it could be a fun bit of kit, although it'll have to be something really special to make me part with my (soon to be 300bhp) Scooby STi7 Prodrive. Methinks I may have to book a test drive......

Iain

1 - 9 of 9 Posts