MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
POL Group/MG ZR Owners/MG ZS Owners Club
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just found out that next years Pride of Longbridge 2011 will take place on the 16th April 2011, more details when i get more info from Association of Austin...

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Should be good for this one. I missed last years as I'd been up that way to Lates only the saturday before.

·
MG6 GT TSE & MGZS 180
265 Posts
Might be ok for me - I'll have to see if I can get the Saturday off work. BTCC at Donington that weekend too :)

·
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just waiting on info as far as i know the plan is the same as last year meeting up at Hopwood Park Services and continue to Cofton Park in convoy would be good to meet up with everyone there again.....

·
Mercedes W638
1,854 Posts
I'll be there as well. Not sure which car I'll be in yet...

·
Mercedes W638
1,854 Posts
Bring the red one, thinking not seen you around for a bit
Will try to get him to bring the red one but it will depend on getting a dog sitter as for some strange reason he wont let the dogs in his red car.

Bob (not Ralph)

·
MG ZS180 MKII 5 Door
207 Posts
Had a great day last year (2010).

It was like a summers day and loads of different MG's, Rover's, Austins, Morris's, etc.

As did others I took the opportunity to walk up to "Q" gate but no actitity visible from the locked gates.

Had'nt seen a Rover SD1 for a while and for me a V8-S stole the show.

Hope I can get the time off again this year. This early notice will help.

Any one know if the MG Motor Co Ltd are planning to support this event?

·
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Martin, i doubt if the MG Motor Co will support it as far as i'm aware they never have done before, i did email them last year to see if they would bring along the MG6 but never go a reply, might try again this year, but its really down to the Association of Austin who took over last year from Gemma Cartwright who was the original organiser, not sure if she still has anything to do with PoL might give Her a message on facebook see if she has anything still to do with the meet...

·
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_110596625678634

just to let everyone know that the 5th Pride of Longbridge 2011 facebook group is up and running again Admins are.

Boon65 - Steve Turner
Gemma Cartwright - Rover Community Action Trust...

there will be this year an Official POL Logo done by Local Schools to the Longbridge Factory just waiting for approval from RCAT

there will be some Official POL 11 Car Stickers on sale this year price to be announced

More info as i get it from Gemma Cartwright, keep you all posted
Welcome to the Official facebook Group for the 5th Pride of Longbridge 2011 Rally

The Rover Community Action Trust and The Association of Austin are proud to present

5th Pride Of Longbridge 2011
Cofton Park
Longbridge
Birmingham

16th April 2011

9.30 AM - 4.00 PM

Cofton Park in Longbridge Birmingham for a celebration of the cars and people of that wonderful factory!

[email protected]

Longbridge, Birmingham. United Kingdom

·
Registered
162 Posts
I will be attending Pride of Longbridge as well and wil lbe bringing my T4 with me. will be offering diganostics. also be offering to supply and programme key fobs Lucas 2 button ones for £55. can also do the newer ones as long as you have the bar code but you wil have to supply these. will be charging £15 to programme the newer ones. Please pass this on to any other forums you are a member of thanks. Please PM me or email me ([email protected])
if you want to book

·
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just to let everyone know that i spoke to Gemma Cartwright last thursday and she has confirmed that

The MG UK car company will be there with a stand and supporting POL. which is the first time they have bothered, to get involved since the collapse of MG Rover... see you all this weekend hope the weather is as good as last year.

Steve (boon65)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.