MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
A certain Mr Neal said to me "what's the # of your car," at Oulton tother day!

I replied "unprintable" what do you mean?

Turns out you can find the number at the bottom of the off-side "B" post - mine is 5068. Thus my ZT is production #5068. So what's yours sir? :D

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Low

That figure is "low," I expected something at least in the teens. What about the ZR & ZS boys, those cars are supposed to be selling fast!

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
AFAIK each model started at zero, my ZS is in the low 500's.
When I was at Longbridge I did ask the question 'at what stage is the car allocated its commission number' The guy showing us around was not at all sure! But MGR will have a record of the car history thru the plant and you shud be able to get some sort of documentation from them..

·
Registered
258 Posts
My ZT-T is 2183 (built to order and delivered in late October 2001). I believe ZT and ZT-T share the same commission numbers.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
My ZS is 399,the ZT being in the 5000's is good.The ZT is a classy motah so do you want every tom ,dick and harry driving round in one?
AS for MG sales,they said that MG units would make up 25% of all MG Rover sales so thats about 50,000 worldwide MG sales per year.
remember most people didn't start getting the first MG's untill the begining of september last year.

kev

·
MG ZR-X & MG ZR X210 Owner
107 Posts
Wow, such big numbers.

Now if you want something a little more exclusive ....:D

·
Registered
81 Posts
kevin neal said:
AS for MG sales,they said that MG units would make up 25% of all MG Rover sales so thats about 50,000 worldwide MG sales per year.
kev
Let's not forget that this 50,000 includes the TF as well - so they are aiming at what - 30 - 35,00z Zs per year?

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Must remember to look up this number - Guesses at to what my number will be - considering it was new at the beginning of october last year?

·
Registered
514 Posts
I don't think MG commission numbers start at zero, it has been tradition in the past to start the numbers from the last three digits of the factory phone number...I'm sure an MG officianardo will correct me on the finer points, but it's something like that. Since my commission number starts with the two letters of the derivative, I guess they are all numbered separately and not as a series over all models.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Production number

Hi Folks,

Just had a look for the production number on my ZT-T.

And the number is !!!!!!!
"5644"

My car was ordered on the 6th February and built to order and delivered on the 6th April.

·
MG ZR-X & MG ZR X210 Owner
107 Posts
MGTURBO,

You certainly have the better of me there. :mad:

Now if one of the 205 6R4 Owners could just post a reply please...... :D :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts