MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of u out there that want to throw a sub woofer in your boot to fill the sound out but don't wanna lose space then i have the answer for u.

www.autoacoustics.com now supply a sub box that fits around the curves of the wheel arch in the boot, (in that fiddly space in the side of your boot) thus saving space, and keeping enuff space for the beer run!!!!

They are called Steathboxes coz they hide away, and i will have the very first ZR box fitted on Wed, so watch this space for pics.

The guys at Autoacoustics are very helpful, so if you want something for your Zed visit above address and give em a go.

Go on, you know u wanna

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Are you having just one fitted, or one each side?

Where are you going to mount the amplifier?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1 box or 2?

I am having just the one box fitted, two 12" subs produce a crap sound, then a false wall on the other side where the amp will be mounted. I think.

Might change my mind and put the amps in the floor and cross overs on the false floor. Or.......................arghhhh, decisions decisions........

Extra weight J-Bo.

Well there are 2 options.
1.....Take the space saver tyre out, bit more room for wiring and false floors. But get a puncture when your 150 miles from home and your well fcuked.

2.....Start modding the engine, extra bhp to combat extra weight. Or don't give your fat mates lifts!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Ha ha ha.

Be interested to hear your views on it when fitted.

What sub are you planning on using, it helps if you find one which operates best when matched with the internal volume of the stealth box!!

Shouldn't be that heavy anyway. I estimate the whole system including pre out leads, subs, boxes and amps shouldn't weigh more than 15 - 25 KGS.

Matt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts