MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The flywheel has arrived now booked in with rally matt on the 14th of april to get the quaiffe fitted and hes doing the flywheel aswel :D

just waiting on the cams i purchased off pete yesterday started to get all excited cant wait till all the work is done and i can drive it :D

how many other people have these mods? how much difference did it make for you?

thank you for reading!

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Sounds like some top notch mods, Rally Matt will do the biz and you will end up with a great driving car.

You doing track days, or just looking for more fun, driving ordinary roads??

:wave:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im just after a bit more fun, although i would like to have a go on a track but i dont want to do it all the time and end up crashing it lol would definately like to go to pod to see what time i can hit.

some people beleive under 14 is possible with those mods would be intereting to see what it can do.

hows your car going ? all well?

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
some people beleive under 14 is possible with those mods would be intereting to see what it can do.
Think your going to need a bit more than just those 3 things to get under 14secs. Should be close though

Nice mods though!!

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
My derv did 17.5 sec and 82 mph, at a Pod RWYB, slow by V6 std but I was happy with it.

That was 134 bhp, now 159 bhp and would love to have another few runs.

All about getting away, I just sat there spinning the front wheels for 3.0 secs, well thats my excuse!!!!!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My derv did 17.5 sec and 82 mph, at a Pod RWYB, slow by V6 std but I was happy with it.

That was 134 bhp, now 159 bhp and would love to have another few runs.

All about getting away, I just sat there spinning the front wheels for 3.0 secs, well thats my excuse!!!!!

ha yeah putting the power down i think the quaiffe should help with that hopefully with a decent set of tyres..

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Think your going to need a bit more than just those 3 things to get under 14secs. Should be close though

Nice mods though!!
well the list of mods once there done will be in total,
itg maxogen kit,cat back exhaust,cams,quaiffe diff, flywheeland a remap .

who knows can only put it to the test ...:D

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
236 ft/lbs now as well, so my one should be a bit quicker.

Had about 6 runs last time, stopped when my clutch started smelling. We had rain late morning and others thought the strip would be closed, but I hung on and they reopened it.

We just went down, joined about a dozen cars and off again. Understand the queues can be bad before you get another run.

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
DaveV6 Will possibly be the best person to answer that but he had more mods than you and his car was totally stripped out and he ran a 13.96sec.

By stripped i mean his car was approx 235kg lighter than a standard 180.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts