MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
bigfella-network.co.uk
5,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its actually supposed to stop that from happening.

·
No longer a Rover / MG owner.
1,152 Posts
just looks like dodgy bulbs to me
+1 Why would you want to fit something to your MG which would make folk think of dodgy build quality?

Also would it be legal?

·
Elegantly Wasted
286 Posts
I take it this works on kinda the same principle as some Mercs. They have it so that the brake lights flash under emergency braking so in theory cars following react better. But this kit seems to do it all the time which i would personally not be so keen on, if there was a way to hook it up so it worked under harder pressure only i would be iterested but as it stands not convinced and also on legality side... :)

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
fiat ect have it so the hazzards flash under heavy breaking which is better, but the zs has no real idea of how hard its breaking really, would require serios serios wiring to do it

·
Elegantly Wasted
286 Posts
fiat ect have it so the hazzards flash under heavy breaking which is better, but the zs has no real idea of how hard its breaking really, would require serios serios wiring to do it
maybe thats what i was thinking of?!?!?!

would think there would be a fairly simple way of hooking in the system so it would work like that, some sort of switch at far extent of brake pedal travel maybe....just a thought i am allergic to electronics me lol :D

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Not my cup of tea but each to there own.

If you like it then go for it:)

·
bigfella-network.co.uk
5,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just thought it would be a good idea as it will grab peoples attention when you slow down on motorways and such.

Does anyone know about the wiring?

·
Registered
795 Posts
I take it this works on kinda the same principle as some Mercs. They have it so that the brake lights flash under emergency braking so in theory cars following react better. But this kit seems to do it all the time which i would personally not be so keen on, if there was a way to hook it up so it worked under harder pressure only i would be iterested but as it stands not convinced and also on legality side... :)
I think many, if not most cars these days have brake lights that flash when the ABS comes in. I know the Vectra's at work have this feature and saw a Corsa do it also right before smashing in to the back of another car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts