MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Scarlet one returns...
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently ordered a full set of fitted luggage for Scarlet from JazBags and they arrived today.

I am seriously impressed with them, they are extremely well made, extremely well thought out, not just from a 'how many bags can we fit in the boot' point of view, but also from a 'use-ability' angle. The full 8 piece set breaks down to 3 boot tidy bags which when fitted give a large rectangular space to fit in 2 large sports bags, on top of these go 2 large suitcases with a camera bag in between. :D

This means that there is a large sports bag and a suitcase for each occupant of the car.:cool:

Attachments

·
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, it aint cheap! :(

But IMO its worth it. All in including VAT and insurance my set was £285.00 (ouch :eek: ) from JazBags. Mike Satur sells them for slightly less at i believe £270.00 (still :eek: )

So for 8 bags this works out at around £35.00 per bag - expensive IMO.

But, AFAIK there is nothing remotely like them anywhere else, they are custom made to your colour specification and embroidered to suit you or your car. Further more, at that price think of the exclusivity!!!! :cool:

Seriously though, they are well made, well designed, fully customised luggage which enable you to make full use of the available boot space, allowing you to maximise your luggage carrying potential without running the risk of cambering your bootlid by fitting a clamp on type boot rack and fretting about parking the car with your luggage on show and available to be stolen (this used to REALLY worry me when i had a luggage rack)

Yes they are expensive, but i am going to get a lot of use out of them this year (2 EU tours planned already and i always spend 3 days camping at Silverstone, and its only February!) :)

I am thinking of doing a little 'How To' section on them for the MGF FAQ (i have already submitted a number of pieces) and to this end i took some photos of them as i filled the boot, one of them is below:

Stage 2, three boot tidy bags fitted (one in the bottom dimple and one velcroed in each end) and both 'his 'n' hers' sports bags placed.

·
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm, am i only allowed 1 picture per thread?

I'll try again...

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
SF,

You say that the bags are expensive, but surely this is relative.

I have previously spent over £150 on a rucksack, the use that it gets justifies the cost.

As you are intending getting a lot of use out of these bags then they will prove to be worth the outlay.

It would be nice to see a pic (or 2) of exactly how thet fit in. And why not on this thread, some of us have put more than 1 image on a thread.

·
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been tinkering in Corel Draw, hope this works...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Hey! They look nice ... might have to get some of them from Mike.

Your boot carpet also looks remarkably clean considering how many exhausts, toolkits and other stuff has been in there!

It isn't too expensive IMO - considering that a half-decent Samsonite suitcase (which incidentally with not have a hope in hell of fitting into the boot of the 'F) will set you back £100+.

·
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Andrew Gilhooley said:
Your boot carpet also looks remarkably clean considering how many exhausts, toolkits and other stuff has been in there!
:D

I gave it a good clean out before i took the pictures...

Still, you can still see the staining from the odd bit of water ingress though :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts